Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Chester car park wardens take no prisoners.
This poor motorhomer clearly was just using initiative but they don't like that.
He's used a dead area to ensure he's not overhanging but placed his wheels wrong, they have got a ticket.
Boo chester, not fair.
Obviously not me as im used to the system.
20241004_173413.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Chester car park wardens take no prisoners.
This poor motorhomer clearly was just using initiative but they don't like that.
He's used a dead area to ensure he's not overhanging but placed his wheels wrong, they have got a ticket.
Boo chester, not fair.
Obviously not me as im used to the system.
View attachment 960616
That’s pathetic giving him a ticket for that !!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I’ve stayed at Chester many times always stay bottom left of carpark. They can’t ticket you for using what they call two spaces because it doesn’t have a white line to define two spaces it has a drain gullie so in law that doesn’t count. It’s been tested in court!! According to the traffic park up police I’ve also asked the question but makes sure you stay within the bay width.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Never had a problem at Chester to be fair.
I just straddle two bays and never use the Coach parking.

Obviously common sense isn’t very common with the wardens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Exp
Since 1995
I wonder if MH 2nd row up from left got a ticket to TBH I would have considered it ok to park that way.
Chester Little Roodee Car Park.jpg

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So, does the whole vehicle have to be inside the white lines of the parking bay - or just the wheels?
In some car parks it is the whole of the vehicle including the mirrors
Would you get a ticket if your overhang just extended the teeniest bit over the white line?
yes in some
It seems the rule is wheels inside the lines...
May be in some areas. In my previous post re; Bear street Barnstaple, one warden will ticket any VW T4/5/6 that parks in a normal bay.He insists that they park in the 3 oversize bays even when they are in a bay prefectly with no over hang anywhere
ecause it doesn’t have a white line to define two spaces it has a drain gullie so in law that doesn’t count.
why don't they paint one in the gulley?

Upvote 0

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
In some car parks it is the whole of the vehicle including the mirrors

yes in some

May be in some areas. In my previous post re; Bear street Barnstaple, one warden will ticket any VW T4/5/6 that parks in a normal bay.He insists that they park in the 3 oversize bays even when they are in a bay prefectly with no over hang anywhere

why don't they paint one in the gulley?
Screwfix sell white line marker spray £5.99, just put your own lines down.(y):LOL:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Don't forget - these traffic wardens get a commission for every ticket they write.
They don’t. That simply isn’t true and the quickest of Google searches would have showed you that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote 696D Évidence
Exp
Since 2017
The carpark ticket machines were not working , probably due to workmen on the bridge. We were supposed to pay £11 for our stay, but when wife went to paying leaving she could only pay £5, not sure why, but the barriers were permanently up anyway. It said the anpr was still working though.
Same last week - barriers open and temporary notice instructing users to press the 'lost ticket' button when leaving (and saying ANPR still in operation.) We stayed from about 09.30 on 30 September to midday on 01 October and were charged £6.00.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back