Sep

Rally Lincoln Motorhome Show September 2023 (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Rule breakers !!!

IMG_20230922_212707.jpg IMG_20230922_211707.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks the marshals and we hope everybody has had a great time, for all those that think "that guy in the MORELO is a bit unsociable" I am sorry, I am usually very sociable and like saying hello to neighbors and meeting new funsters, on this occasion and some will know I had a problem with one eye so took myself into Boots optician in Lincoln on Friday lunchtime, well they sent me to A&E so long story short I discharged myself last night after 28+ hours most spent sat in a chair in waiting area with no food and i didn't drink enough so by 4:30 am I went dizzy and hit the floor so it all kicked off, then 8:30 last night they wanted me/us to wait another overnight to most likely be discharged anyway without and further treatment so I flipped and signed the for and got back to the van last night 10 pm and then realised I still had the hospital cannula in :LOL: thanks to the site medical for removing said cannula and many thanks to the funsters who knew the score and offered practical help as usual.

Wish me luck with Jens driving lessons;) I am still officially OK to drive but this has just highlighted how catastrophic it would be if i was stopped suddenly and Jen had not had any previous experience, the A15 would not be a good place to start.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Hope you get that eye sorted when you get back home Martin. Good job Jen has the courage to drive your moho.

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks the marshals and we hope everybody has had a great time, for all those that think "that guy in the MORELO is a bit unsociable" I am sorry, I am usually very sociable and like saying hello to neighbors and meeting new funsters, on this occasion and some will know I had a problem with one eye so took myself into Boots optician in Lincoln on Friday lunchtime, well they sent me to A&E so long story short I discharged myself last night after 28+ hours most spent sat in a chair in waiting area with no food and i didn't drink enough so by 4:30 am I went dizzy and hit the floor so it all kicked off, then 8:30 last night they wanted me/us to wait another overnight to most likely be discharged anyway without and further treatment so I flipped and signed the for and got back to the van last night 10 pm and then realised I still had the hospital cannula in :LOL: thanks to the site medical for removing said cannula and many thanks to the funsters who knew the score and offered practical help as usual.

Wish me luck with Jens driving lessons;) I am still officially OK to drive but this has just highlighted how catastrophic it would be if i was stopped suddenly and Jen had not had any previous experience, the A15 would not be a good place to start.
Hi Martin, I know that can be very worrying, 2 years ago this coming Winter in Spain, I woke up blind in my right eye, it was so sudden, no symptoms at all. Wishing you a good recovery.

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend, got to speak with a few funsters.
Well done to Jim and the team, much appreciated.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011

Get well soon Martin, hopefully see you at Malvern.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I know we weren’t camping with you lot but we’d like to thank Jim and Sian for the invitation for the sausage butties, and was nice to catch up with some of you👍
Thanks for the welcome and butties regardless👍

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Thanks to Jim, Sian and team. All of the cooking team. Not forgetting the singers. Sorry we didn’t get to say goodbye to everyone we had to rush off.
Scary moment on the way home stoped the lights waiting to join the M69 when the windscreen washers came on wipers not working could not see a thing. All warning lights flashing. Van had no power, thankfully it restored it self.
Looks like another trip to the garage.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know we weren’t camping with you lot but we’d like to thank Jim and Sian for the invitation for the sausage butties, and was nice to catch up with some of you👍
Thanks for the welcome and butties regardless👍
Didn’t realise you were there😏 mind I wasn’t either really.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Didn’t realise you were there😏 mind I wasn’t either really.
I was in stealth mode in the Carthago group (genuine reason🤷‍♂️)
I only saw 1 Morelo palace liner I think with a smart car in the back on the merc chassis👍
How you feeling?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks Guys, nice to be out on the road, ended up buying yet another new van but I am doing my best to keep the industry afloat.

The guy in the Morello was a bit miserable, never said hello all weekend :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ha ha, get well soon funflair and Ibet Jen drives better than you anyway...

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Guys, nice to be out on the road, ended up buying yet another new van but I am doing my best to keep the industry afloat.

The guy in the Morello was a bit miserable, never said hello all weekend :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ha ha, get well soon funflair and Ibet Jen drives better than you anyway...
Well she got better MPG than me if nothing else but I reckon she had a tail wind, I mean !!! well you know what I mean ;) and Paul I hope I am allowed to correct your spelling:unsure: there is only one L in MORELO;) good on you helping out the economy and you have certainly had enough vans to know what you don't want and it sounds like this one will suit you so good luck with it(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks to all at the show this weekend, Jim and Sian, Polly and Dave, Lee, Rob and Bill. Sorry not being able to say goodbye to all but will no doubt catch up later.
Pauline and Mike
I was heading over for a quick chat and got talking to somebody else half way to you and then saw you driving away, I did wave(y)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Just a little feedback.
I saw the usual combined effort to help out other Funsters when issues arose like fixing boilers etc.... always great to see the team looking out for each other (for instance I closed someone's 'accidentally left open' locker as I knew they were in the show and didn't want any sticky fingered passers-by to lift anything).

I met up with a cousin of mine at the show who is new to MH as we had a lot of family business to discuss and so weren't as visible within the Funster crowd as we might have been.

Whilst walking the cats at the far end of our field we often got chatting to people walking by. On three separate occasions a stranger would be fussing the cats and spot their tiny Funster Badges! "Oh, you're with that Funster lot!!!"

But fear not friends as it was always followed by ......

"They are all crackers!!!! We love them!....., nearly dancing on the tables with them last night".

Isn't it nice to have such a good reputation :giggle:

Thanks to all contributors and marshalls.....

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
I was heading over for a quick chat and got talking to somebody else half way to you and then saw you driving away, I did wave(y)
Oh, thanks Martin, must give you a wave back🖐️
Hope you get your eye sorted ok and Jen's nerves are ok.
Pauline and Mike.

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Morning! From a beautiful sunny Lincoln. I am homeward bound today after a great weekend. Thank you to Jim & Sian for the tea tent and for the sausage butties on Saturday afternoon and to all the Marshalls for all their hard work.
funflair sending you both my best wishes and hope things get sorted soon.
For all those going on to Malvern. Enjoy!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We are off the rally scene until we change the van, because the OH's increasing mobility difficulties means she can't get in or out of the bed in the current one.

But Lincoln is local, so we came over for the day on Saturday, partly to gather ideas for the next van, but also to see you lovely lot. We did get some useful ideas about bed types & materials. We saw a few old friends around the show & then invaded the Fun area in the afternoon, somehow just arriving in time for the sausages. So we dropped a contribution in the tin & enjoyed a cup of tea & a sausage bap apiece & met up with more friends from past rallies. It was good to see such a lively gathering & thanks go to everyone involved in making it happen.

With any luck, we'll be able to join in fully next year, if we can get the design right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back