Levelling blocks for hydraulic jacks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 786 XLB
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi

Does anyone use blocks under their self level system? If so can you suggest a good make.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I always thought it would be a great idea to get hydraulic levellers until our last trip. In several places people were using wooden blocks to get level, as above. In one extreme, in the aire in Burgos, we got level with our fiamma blocks at the front not even at the highest level. Then two different vans turned up with hydraulic levellers and each of them ended up with their rams down, four blocks of wood under the rams and their front wheels 10ins off the ground. All seemed a bit extreme, is that a usual occurrence?
I only remember Burgos as a flat level tarmac been there a few times.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I popped down to a sawmill local to where I was staying and asked if they had any hardwood offcuts I could have, they went and found some and just wanted a couple of quid for their charity box.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I only remember Burgos as a flat level tarmac been there a few times.

I’m was curious too as Burgos aire is down the bottom of the car park and pretty level, with some big trees to avoid!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’m was curious too as Burgos aire is down the bottom of the car park and pretty level, with some big trees to avoid!
I was interested as I have parked there without levelling however I believe there are three airs around Burgos🤔never been to the others though.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back