Let's get Frankie back on the road (31 Viewers)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp

Not all of us have access to the fabled heights of the U Shaped Lounge.

1712321689223.png

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Her van is rotten and failed the MOT needs welding and won't be cheap... 🤔 That's about it really 😁
It’s the reason that the van needs to be sorted as it’s key to a number of things for Frankie’s future is what the point really is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I must be thick clicked on the page but won’t let me donate 3 little dots going back and forth :unsure::LOL:
Jim might have closed it. Simple! Very nice of you but don't worry! ;)(y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have belonged to many forums over the years, but even though I am very new here it is so apparent that this group is a really special, decent bunch of people.
Added a small contribution, x
This is a forum where you don’t get out alive saved my life it has best forums on the internet
Wildbill

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I’m not closing it yet 😀
You could have ! Each time I answer on this thread , I think ,"bloomin' heck , people are going to think it's never enough and I bump it for more! " . That would be very cheeky!!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
yodeli don't worry, people only give if they want to and only give what they can afford.

Take the money as a big "thank you" for being the Funster Emergency Service in France. Even if a person hasn't had to make use of the service they will know someone who has.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I have often said ,but been knocked back that we should have a permanent fund on here just for such an event, I for one am happy to contribute.
Certainly , and I'll be more than happy to contribute on a regular basis (Got to call JJ :ROFLMAO::cool::p:love: ...)
Seriously.... once I'll be out of the fog, I know the sun will be shining on the road for Max and me!!!

Only real negative thing is that I won't be able to host motorhomers anymore.... ! But I will have time to find nice places, and I'll try to stay in contact with the municipal police!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have often said ,but been knocked back that we should have a permanent fund on here just for such an event,
It gets knocked back because it’s a bad idea.

Permanent funds generate interest. Interest has tax implications, someone has to hold and organise the donations, could/would the donations be considered income? If I held them would I have to account for VAT. Someone has to decide upon the allocation. Could we avoid the VAT by forming a charitable trust? Trusts need to be administered professionally or you can get yourself into all sorts of problems….etc.

As opposed to,

Funster in trouble, we can help, crowdfund, sorted. No further implications

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Done , hope Max is back on the road soon and you are back to full health

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It gets knocked back because it’s a bad idea.

Permanent funds generate interest. Interest has tax implications, someone has to hold and organise the donations, could/would the donations be considered income? If I held them would I have to account for VAT. Someone has to decide upon the allocation. Could we avoid the VAT by forming a charitable trust? Trusts need to be administered professionally or you can get yourself into all sorts of problems….etc.

As opposed to,

Funster in trouble, we can help, crowdfund, sorted. No further implications

Jim

Another point against a permanent fund would be that it might come under insurance regulations, which could be a nightmare - especially if it needed me to be the Compliance Officer! :LOL:

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back