Lenny's Heading South, not a Clue Where.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Not as easy as the old version but you get used to it, I think it was more like 5 years ago it changed.
They have stopped limiting you to looking at 3 sites a day but still limit number of photos & reviews. If I'm feeling flush I sometimes pay for the odd month.

Search4Sightscis is great for the UK but doesn't list as many places abroad also the reviews are often from people who expect an Aire to be like a site.
Never been able to get on with P4N use in an emergency probably OK if you have a T4.

Cheaky sod, apart from playing at home first time this vans been plugged in.
Batteries were down at 64% fully recharged in 2 hours from a 6 amp supply 180ah back into them.
I don't know how you have so much bother with park4night I've used it in 29 countries now and never failed to find a place. Never bothered with the others. Everyone I meet travelling uses p4n too

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Cheers, I’ll give that a go.
We us SfS a lot as I like to transfer the location identification “S” numbers directly to the Sat Nav.
Park 4 night is easy that way too , click on itinerary then choose from 5 different GPS options or send to your own.

There's a reason it's the no1 app ....just uncle Lenny HB cannae use it lol

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I have SfS as my go to, P4N as back up and although as I pay for CC I never use it! It p####s me off that it won’t do landscape mode when I turn the iPad round as the other two do🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I found sfs to be crap in Europe..OK in UK but p4n is the one all the French an Germans use

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I don't know how you have so much bother with park4night I've used it in 29 countries now and never failed to find a place. Never bothered with the others. Everyone I meet travelling uses p4n too
Ditto, P4N has always been my go to app, even when I had my old Hymer A class.

Pete

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cheers, I’ll give that a go.
We us SfS a lot as I like to transfer the location identification “S” numbers directly to the Sat Nav.
Camper Contact you can copy and paste the coordinates.
SFS much better, we use SFS then P4N and if desperate CC.
Not that good in mainland Europe doesn't list loads of places and a lot of reviews are naff written by people who use sites.
I know a very good free park up in Rhonda. 5 minute walk in to town .
Tried one couldn't have got anything bigger than a T4 in and caused me a nightmare getting back on track because the road I came down was one way & couldn't go back.
Been trying to use it for years it's right at the bottom of the list. Maybe just my bad luck but I find coordinates often wrong, review says OK for 7.5m van but you would be lucky to get a 4m van in.

CC has only let us down a couple of times in many years use, once because a nearby campsite had deliberately moved their bins into the area.

I thought you didn't like France Tam so why do you love a French app so much. 🤣

ANYWAY, can we get this thread back on track doesn't matter what app we use as long as we end up where we want to be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back