Lenny's Heading South, not a Clue Where. (77 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Have you decided where to head next Lenny HB ? Looks like France is in for a bit of a drenching over the next week or so. We were looking at heading for La Rochelle & then the Dordogne, but are now looking at running down to Roses area instead .

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Have a good trip Lenny...give that Lithium a testing....just one small point...Salmon cooked in an Airfryer is fantastic...Saute potatoes in the Airfryer put salmon on rack above potatoes for last 6/8 minutes.... both healthy and efficient way of cooking..🤓🇪🇺

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you decided where to head next Lenny HB ? Looks like France is in for a bit of a drenching over the next week or so. We were looking at heading for La Rochelle & then the Dordogne, but are now looking at running down to Roses area instead .
Was thinking about spending a few days in the Lot as we always drive through it not visited it for over 30 years, Portugal is out due to the fires.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Was thinking about spending a few days in the Lot as we always drive through it not visited it for over 30 years, Portugal is out due to the fires.
We enjoyed Cahors on the way home in March, free stop in town on the big car park.

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
We’ve got full air best thing we ever added and would be the 1st accessory we added if we bought a new van. Full air does so more more than jacks it transforms the ride and driving experience

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We enjoyed Cahors on the way home in March, free stop in town on the big car park.

The Aire by the river is nicer & free but I ly about 6 spaces we got one last time, the car park was full of old wrecks.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We’ve got full air best thing we ever added and would be the 1st accessory we added if we bought a new van. Full air does so more more than jacks it transforms the ride and driving experience
Same with our last van, new van is really good to start with and has sidewind stability almost as good as air when you go past an artic.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
The Aire by the river is nicer & free but I ly about 6 spaces we got one last time, the car park was full of old wrecks.
We didn't like it there, very noisy and small bays with very high kerbs if I remember. The big car park also free.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020

We stayed at a great aire right on the Lot, below the beautiful little village of St Cirq La Popie;

(44.4708970, 1.6802390)

We stayed in the village when we went on a canoeing holiday before we had the van, saw motorhomes parked up and said that looks like fun! We were back in our own moho 3 years later!

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Looks like an external 240v socket is the next job Lenny ;)
Wasnt going to mention the 4 wat extention in the picture with the outdoor cooking table so close to the hab door, at least your close to the fridge for supplies when cooking 🍻:wine:

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

I think you will find that if you invest c.£1000 on the right shock absorbers you will end up with a better quality of ride vs airbags, but a lot cheaper! (Compared to a VB system) It’s been a very worthwhile investment on our motorhome and totally changed the road performance of the vehicle.

Steve and Denise had these (Link) fitted and I have done too earlier this year. They are very specific to your vehicle via questions and measurements they ask you to provide and they really are an excellent upgrade.

Reactions: Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back