Lenny's Heading South, not a Clue Where. (10 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Crossed yesterday evening on the ferry no plans making up as we go along.

Spent the night at Belleville-sur-Mer nice free stop with a good Boulangerie a few minutes walk.

IMG_20240919_105007_copy_1638x1228.jpg

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hope you have a great trip.
How have you adjusted to driving a RHD on the “wrong” side of the road?
Not really noticed the difference which was a surprise even starting to get used to the peddle position.
With the side wind stability getting hard to justify the 9k for the air but I won't tell 'er indoors that.

Weighed it on the way to the ferry, still running 300kg over (3820) after being very careful what we packed, she's moaning about not enough clothes, only 3 pairs of shoes for me instead of the usual 7, no washing machine or ladder only half my tools, no snow chains.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Not really noticed the difference which was a surprise even starting to get used to the peddle position.
With the side wind stability getting hard to justify the 9k for the air but I won't tell 'er indoors that.

Weighed it on the way to the ferry, still running 300kg over (3820) after being very careful what we packed, she's moaning about not enough clothes, only 3 pairs of shoes for me instead of the usual 7, no washing machine or ladder only half my tools, no snow chains.
If you take 7 pairs however many does Mrs HB take😀

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Have a great trip, hope both adjust to the new van. It will be interesting to see how the electrical setup works out as the sun starts to lose its power

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016

Just go for rear air, you already have uprated spring on front third of the price for same outcome more lithium or solar 😀

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just go for rear air, you already have uprated spring on front third of the price for same outcome more lithium or solar 😀
But had full air on the last van, once you have had it want nothing less.
You have rear air and Jack's about the same cost. With full air driving stability is amazing and you get leveling so don't need Jacks.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
You have rear air and Jack's about the same cost. With full air driving stability is amazing and you get leveling so don't need Jacks.
But my Jack's were moved from old van.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

A set of proper shocks will give you perfect road stability together with hydraulic levelling legs, is a much better way to spend your money. It’s not just about being level, it’s the comfort from not having the van rocking around when parked up.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A set of proper shocks will give you perfect road stability together with hydraulic levelling legs, is a much better way to spend your money. It’s not just about being level, it’s the comfort from not having the van rocking around when parked up.
We like the van rocking in the wind we always sleep better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back