Leisure battery alarm (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sift 664 Vogue
I have a 2018 664 Mhome. I have 2 new gel leisure batteries fitted and tested and connected in series. I’m now off grid for the first time and when I switch on an appliance like the water pump or lights the voltage drops from 13.5 to less than 11 V and the alarm goes off. If however using the Command app I switch to Running the 12v system on the vehicle battery, it works perfectly and the voltage drop is only 0.1 V and no alarm. Can anyone suggest what might be going on here! It’s very irritating

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I take it you mean connected in parallel , it could be that there is a poor/loose connection at one of the leisure battery terminals or at the earth connection to the battery or body/chassis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
You say the voltage of the leisure batteries is 13.5V - that indicates that something is charging it. I take it you do not have a mains hookup connected, so do you have solar panels?

Maybe the batteries are very discharged, but the solar panels are making it look like they are good by displaying a voltage of 13.5V. Is it possible to plug in a mains hookup and charge them for a few hours. 24 hours would be good I think. Then try the same test. If they still drop to 11V after a good long charge then there is definitely a problem.

The voltage of the battery while it is being charged is not a good indication of the battery state of charge, in fact it can be very misleading.

If you can't get to a mains hookup, can you measure the voltages of the two leisure batteries, right at the actual terminals? I know sometimes it's not possible, if they are inaccessible under a seat for example. If you have solar, maybe measure them an hour or two after the last sunshine of the day, to get a better indication of the state of charge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back