Lebara - new cheap 30 day sim deals - incl roaming (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
My wife had been with Lebara for quite a while at £6.90 for 12GB. I've been thinking she ought to move.

Does anyone know - can you move your present Lebara number to one of these deals or would we need to go to another provider first. i.e can you do a PAC code transfer of number with the same company?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My wife had been with Lebara for quite a while at £6.90 for 12GB. I've been thinking she ought to move.

Does anyone know - can you move your present Lebara number to one of these deals or would we need to go to another provider first. i.e can you do a PAC code transfer of number with the same company?
You would need to PAC out to another provider first, not sure which ones don't charge to do it though (ie you have to top up) I think someone in the past mentioned Asda.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I thought Lebara have a "fare use" policy that stopped roaming unless you use all you data in the UK for 3 months before you go

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I'm not sure if you get 30gb roaming.
Edit- Just checked with Lebara and you do get 30gb when roaming

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I thought Lebara have a "fare use" policy that stopped roaming unless you use all you data in the UK for 3 months before you go

I bought a 99p Lebara at end of May - immediately went to France and used it for 3 weeks. No issues. not sure what would have happened if I'd stayed longer but it was fine for that.

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
i have the unlimited data plan £12,50 i run it on a 5g zte router at the house ,,then take it when away in the van ,works good ,,i would say it not as stable as a fixed fibre broadband ,but works for me ,,

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I've just tried to move Mrs. Odd's phone to ID mobile but it stuck at the basket. I'll try again when we're home. The deal is 50gb for £8 a month with 30gb roaming and month to month contract

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
It’s more subtle than that. I have just been “got” by it.

If you use your phone more outside the UK than inside in any 120 day period they switch you to PAYG. So in my case when I got my sim the month before coming out, as soon as I hit 30 days they unplugged me until I put cash in the account for PAYG! Check their small print carefully

Barti Ddu explained it here.

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
With Lebara, just make sure to use your maximum each month for the 120 days before you go abroad, then a 90 day trip is ok! Just had the 'fair use' problem on one of our phones, only had the sim for the month before we left, so ran out of data which was a big surprise when told how much it would cost to continue use! Luckely our other phone on Lebara worked faultlessly for the 90 days! We will certainly continue using them, especially now we understand the set up!!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks Minxy I've just ordered another one to replace my existing uswitch one for which im currently paying £6.95 but only 15gb. But will ddcide whether to keep both or not, they're both 30 day contracts so easy enough.

Been on Lebara over a year now, better coverage for me than O2. The data usage is easy enough. I just leave the WiFi permanently off(even at home)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
Thanks Minxy I've just ordered another one to replace my existing uswitch one for which im currently paying £6.95 but only 15gb. But will ddcide whether to keep both or not, they're both 30 day contracts so easy enough.

Been on Lebara over a year now, better coverage for me than O2. The data usage is easy enough. I just leave the WiFi permanently off(even at home)
i thought lebara was on o2,,? i been using a sim in the house in a 5g router works ok ,,get new one every 3 months ,,unlimited everything £9.95 first 3 months

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
i thought lebara was on o2,,? i been using a sim in the house in a 5g router works ok ,,get new one every 3 months ,,unlimited everything £9.95 first 3 months
Lebara uses the award-winning Vodafone network in the UK. Their 4G network covers more than 99% of the UK population and 96% of the UK's landmass.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Happy with my £1.90 Lebara sim so far, I dont get why they can do free roaming on a cheap tariff yet Vodafone cant/ wont.

On another note, I was talking with Tesco mobile (O2) about their roaming policy for 2025 and beyond. We were going to take on a new contract for Anita for 60gb instead of 30gb. However at the moment they are waiting to be told, so that could be another provider who dont give free roaming shortly unless anyone knows different.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Update they've reduced the price to £1.25 now! 😄

Thanks Mel for mentioning this.

I could not resist getting an extra 30 GBytes so cheaply for roaming when we visit Schengen Land later this year.

Ordered SIM yesterday. Arrived this morning. Installed in a spare handset and working without problem. However, although this Lebara SIM deal permits tethering, it will not work in a router or in a tablet (e.g. a cellular iPad). Had hoped to use it in our MoHo Netgear router to supplement if needed the data usage with our IQ Go SIM and perhaps as an alternative network should it be needed. (I should mention that the IQ Go SIM has worked flawlessly wherever we have been so far in the UK and when roaming.)

So will now cancel the next monthly payment and pleased to have only lost £1.25 trying out the deal on offer.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now

I could not resist getting an extra 30 GBytes so cheaply for roaming when we visit Schengen Land later this year.

Ordered SIM yesterday. Arrived this morning. Installed in a spare handset and working without problem. However, although this Lebara SIM deal permits tethering, it will not work in a router or in a tablet (e.g. a cellular iPad). Had hoped to use it in our MoHo Netgear router to supplement if needed the data usage with our IQ Go SIM and perhaps as an alternative network should it be needed. (I should mention that the IQ Go SIM has worked flawlessly wherever we have been so far in the UK and when roaming.)

So will now cancel the next monthly payment and pleased to have only lost £1.25 trying out the deal on offer.
The Lebara sim I got a few weeks back works fine in my Huawei router.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

We used Lebara Sims in our old Alcatel Y800 in June this year without a problem, also in tablets too, so you need to check your settings as something must be amiss. Make sure you are using the correct APN for the router.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Howard B & Minxy - thanks for your comments. Just put the Lebara SIM in my old (Vodafone branded, but unlocked) Huawei MiFi and it worked without changing the APN etc. Presume I have used it with a Vodafone SIM previously and, whatever the settings were, it works with Lebara, which uses the Vodafone network.

I am a bit reluctant to change the settings in the MoHo’s Netgear router in case I unintentional create problems with the IQ Go SIM (on the EE network) presently installed. Could probably fiddle about and get both SIMs to work, but why bother with the hassle of changing SIMs when I now have the easier solution of just taking the MiFi with my as a backup. (y) 😃

So…..I was wrong in my previous posting. The Lebara SIM will work in a non-phone handset device.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back