Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
It's beautiful, well done you. She's a very lucky lady.
Thank you - I like it 😀
She (daughter-in-law) hasn’t said, or texted, or phoned, to say thank you. Nor has she even ticked ‘like’ on Facebook. She is so rude. When Ken went to collect them from Gatwick airport, they stopped at KFC and she rushed to sit at a table for two - so I’m not surprised. 🤷🏻‍♀️

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sus3v
I don't know how you deal with this ungracious behaviour. I am sure your granddaughter will treasure all the things you make for her, now and in the future.

Now and then I get a photo of my great granddaughter wearing a cardigan or cuddling a toy I've made for her and it fills me with such joy. This makes up for the other times when I don't know whether the present has been acceptable or rejected.

One of my daughter-in-laws (now ex) seemed to resent us and we put it down to her (perhaps) feeling inadequate.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have just started doing 3 boxes one for each grandson, with a shawl (friend is crotcheting) blanket and a few cardis, jus in case they become parents when i am no longer here.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Sus3v
I don't know how you deal with this ungracious behaviour. I am sure your granddaughter will treasure all the things you make for her, now and in the future.

Now and then I get a photo of my great granddaughter wearing a cardigan or cuddling a toy I've made for her and it fills me with such joy. This makes up for the other times when I don't know whether the present has been acceptable or rejected.

One of my daughter-in-laws (now ex) seemed to resent us and we put it down to her (perhaps) feeling inadequate.
It’s hurtful - and just a bit irritating - texting ‘thank you’ costs nothing. Anyway, I’m not her actual mother-in-law, although she has identified me as such on Facebook. - I’m her father in law’s partner. She has completely ignored the ‘real’ grandmother (not that I’m a figment of imagination or anything) - who I /we visit now and again, and show her photos, she usually cries and I feel so sorry for her. She has one son whose wife is a manipulative, unkind and selfish person. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Luckily I have my own batch of children who, despite some dodgy decision making over the years, are at the very least polite. Little sigh ☹️

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Cardigans I made for Thora & Remy.
IMG-20240415-WA0002.jpg

Remy in the background.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Thread is quiet, but bet we are all still crafting, finally got round to doing jumper for friend's hubby
IMG_1157.jpeg

Back to the thread and darning needle baby stuff, really it is DK and size 8 needles but feels odd after the aran.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That is a beautiful sweater. I love cable work both to look at and to make.

I have done nothing for about 5 weeks now but have an evening jacket that only needs the part above the armholes completing. The "skirt" part is done as are the sleeves but I just don't have the strength or will to do it right now. It will be completed but when I just don't know.

I am looking at patterns for various things but although I see tings I would like to make it will all have to wait. I do think that small crochet squares might be possible but need to finish the jacket first as I know if I don't get it done it will end up being a very expensive long term WIP or worse a UFO.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This started out as a bag of odds and sods of yarn that I took to a folk group meet a few weeks ago.

It has become a bit of an obsession and I have had to trawl the charity shops for more odds and sods of yarn 😂

It currently measures 60 x 54 inches and there’s no sign of me stopping anytime soon 😂

The pattern is C2C JAYG as per the videos I posted last month

IMG_2242.jpeg

Last edited:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
La La Land
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Is there anyone going to Drax that could give me a crash course in crochet, as I just can't seem to get it.
When I make the ladder one side is tight and the other floppy just can't get them to even up.
Hi,

If I get time, I can show you. Kate Ambilkate is going, so she may also be able to help?

I don't know of anyone else that crochets that's coming this year but we could be surprised :giggle:

In the meantime, Bella Coco has a youtube channel and has some excellent videos for beginners. She explains things well, takes her time and the images are very clear.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,

If I get time, I can show you. Kate Ambilkate is going, so she may also be able to help?

I don't know of anyone else that crochets that's coming this year but we could be surprised :giggle:
That's so kind. As the late Eric Morecambe would say " I have all the right move just not in the right places"

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
La La Land
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
That's so kind. As the late Eric Morecambe would say " I have all the right move just not in the right places"
Trust me, I was so frustrated when I started learning. I never thought I would "get it". Bella Coco was my hero. It all made sense when I started watching her videos ;)

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Bolti Another shout out for Bella Coco on You Tube. I taught myself last year by watching her videos. I know that Sue (tinker2's other half) is going to Drax and is a crocheter.

Having only just learnt last year and not having done anything for a while I'm not sure I'd be much help to you :smiley:

I found it easier at the beginning to make myself a crib sheet of the various stitches that I could look at to refresh my memory quickly, rather than having to pull up a video to check.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Janine
Your lovely C2C blanket has got me.
I’m doing some squares to get it into my head!
Is the stitch an old one as it keeps tickling my memory, my grandmother was a great crochet-er/knitter.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Wish I’d known that Tinker2 is good at crocheting. I saw Sue at Drax wish I had got her to show me. I keep saying that I want to try it. I Need an idiots guide if I’m to try alone. 🤣
Check out Bella Coco on You Tube Pauline, I taught myself last year using her tutorials, they are very easy to follow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back