Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 22, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I have a 2012 Fiat Ducato Maxi XLB M Jet 130, just noticed a coolant leak from a 90 joint on the bottom on the radiator on the right hand side looking at it from the front of the Motorhome, There is a jubilee clip on one side but the other looks like a flexible connection to the rad spigot, I have take a pic but not perfectly clear, I wonder if anyone has had a go at fixing one anf if its an easy job? its relatively easy to get at, its just knowing how it disconnects from the radiator.

Radjointleak.jpeg

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Those connectors are twats.
They use an internal sping clip that is very prone to distorting which renders them almost impossible to remove without destroying the connector itself.
Dont ask how i know.
You might be lucky and it may come apart easily.
Coastal motorhomes sell new hose assemblies ( hose complete with connector)

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
You may end up replacing the connector, hose and radiator depending how easily( or not) they come apart.
It might be worth replacing the radiator anyway as they do tend to start leeking around that area. Just a thought , is the leek definitely from the connector or the rad?.

OP
OP
P
Nov 22, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the replies and information everyone, the leek is coming from where the clip fastens the part onto the radiator, funnily enough I have been messaging Coastal Motorhomes earlier after finding them on Ebay, will let you all know. also been looking on Youtube to see if anyone has done one, no luck but maybe writing the request the wrong way round! tried all sorts of combos but nothing!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for the replies and information everyone, the leek is coming from where the clip fastens the part onto the radiator, funnily enough I have been messaging Coastal Motorhomes earlier after finding them on Ebay, will let you all know. also been looking on Youtube to see if anyone has done one, no luck but maybe writing the request the wrong way round! tried all sorts of combos but nothing!
You could ask on the fiat forum, there are some helpful guys on there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Not seen anything specific on youtube about the connections but i did find a decent one about changing the Rad.
I also searched for the connectors on the net ( hoping i could buy them on their own) but no joy.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not seen anything specific on youtube about the connections but i did find a decent one about changing the Rad.
I also searched for the connectors on the net ( hoping i could buy them on their own) but no joy.
Could the twat clips not be replaced with a convensional jubilee clip ?

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
The metal clip holding the rubber hose onto the plastic connector can be swapped for a jubilee, however the connector itself has an internal stainless srping clip which is the biggest problem.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The nasty hose clip can be replaced with a standard one easily, and without losing any coolant. The hose clips they use are not standard removable ones as it is the plastic part that is removed from the radiator and has a seal inside that part. Are you sure it’s not that seal that is leaking?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
A 2 minute attack on the old clip with side cutters and replace with a shiny new stainless jubilee clip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Looks to me like it’s not the hose clamp.

View attachment 938002
Yes it is the nasty plastic piece that will probably have an O ring seal inside it.

Me, I'd remove the plastic bit ,obtain a 45º elbow of the correct internal diameter, then shorten the incoming hose & cut back the 45º & use a connector to join the two together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back