Last minute panic Rouen Tunnels (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2021
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Amundsen
Apologies, there does seem to be a lot of older threads about this one but we are due to go through Rouen on Monday for the first time and have only just come across the infamous low tunnels.
We are coming in from the east on the A28/N28. As you approach the Seine there looks like a couple of tunnels but these look tall enough on Google maps, then my route on satnav takes me over the bridge and then immediately off the slip road onto the D18E, which runs between the Seine on the left and railway lines/sidings on the right and goes all the way down to the A13, then back on the A28 to Le Mans.
Can someone just confirm that this route is ok and avoids the low tunnels?
Many thanks.

Btg

Mar 4, 2012
surrey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Just look well ahead your see the height bars n have time to turn off keep calm n your be fine

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Apologies, there does seem to be a lot of older threads about this one but we are due to go through Rouen on Monday for the first time and have only just come across the infamous low tunnels.
We are coming in from the east on the A28/N28. As you approach the Seine there looks like a couple of tunnels but these look tall enough on Google maps, then my route on satnav takes me over the bridge and then immediately off the slip road onto the D18E, which runs between the Seine on the left and railway lines/sidings on the right and goes all the way down to the A13, then back on the A28 to Le Mans.
Many thanks.
There are low tunnels in the city, you have be on the ball and keep to the right lane as in a few cases the left lane takes you through the tunnel which is too low for a Motorhome, there is a plastic height warning barrier that should warn you but the problem with this is that if you hit the warning barrier you would then have to reverse back up the ramp which would be quiet tricky - I know this because it happened to us last year 😳

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
If the original poster sticks to the route he has described going through Rouen, he will have no low tunnels to worry about. If he drives this route on a Sunday he will also not have much traffic to worry about, making the drive through even easier

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Many thanks.
That’s the way to go, no problem with bridges . If your peckish there’s a Mc’ds on the left as you run alongside the railroad on your right. Enjoy your trip.

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Do not shoot me down, but from memory it has been mentioned on the forum by others, that this route does not fall into the crit air zone

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I think you have to join the D6010 and travel along the northern Bank of the Seine. Probably dependent on your Crit Air rating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We always go off on the D6015 before the Seine, think it's signposted Evreux, at the top of the slip stay in middle lane to turn left then bear right at second junction then go along the north bank. However if you DO miss it and go over the river take the second exit which will put you on the OP route.
Whatever you do do not (a) take the first exit as that'll take you into Rouen and the infamous tunnels or (b) continue straight ahead as there is a low underpass about 1km further on, awkward to get around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back