Lanoguard/Lanocare (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 2, 2023
Sunderland, UK
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Have started to put Lanoguard on the tank straps on the van , but found sprayer useless but what Iā€™ve done so far sets like a wax coating and looks durable .

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
I have recently used Lanoguard.
Adria decided to save a few quid and not galvanise the chassis extensions that support the garage of our motorhome.
The light coat of black paint had started to rust after just two years.
I rubbed it down and repainted it and a few weeks later applied a coat of Lanogard.
It is very easy to apply but takes at least a week to dry. When dry it has a waxy feel but remains quite soft.
I also sprayed the tank support brackets etc which had also been coated with a light coat of black paint.
It is too early to say how good it is, but I was impressed with it. I really need to finish the job now and do the whole motorhome.
The motorhome (and your clothes) will smell like sheep for a few days so best to wear an old boiler suit when applying it.
Heating the container in a bucket of warm water makes it much easier to apply.
In theory it needs to be done every year as it does eventually wash off.
I suspect with a motorhome doing limited miles that you might get away with doing it every two years.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I have used various rust proofing products over the years but not having the facilities and health issues since retiring I decided to have it done professionally this year.
Trying to find a garage that can fit in a 6.7 mtr long motorhome anywhere near here has been difficult. I eventually found a garage that are Lanogaurd agents and can fit in motorhomes.
As much as there are lots of good reviews of Lanogaurd not having used it myself I am not sure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back