Language….

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Quite possibly but he was heard to say “Fur goodness sake Jean, I’m in the middle of a murrderr case”.

Ian
Of memory serves me correctly when the detective Jardine (I think that’s his name) said the famous words “there’s been a murder” Taggarts reply was something like “there’s a murder at Firhill every week” for those who don’t know Firhill is home of Partick Thistle FC who Taggart supported.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It always amazes me the difference in accent and words used going from town to town, when I moved to Dumfries in my teens from Glasgow it took a while to understand each others dialects. When I first met my girlfriend now long suffering wife she thought my name was Jacob, how you get that from Gerry I’ve no idea but I think it was about 3 or 4 weeks before she realised 😂😂

Even now in my 50s if we go south Lorraine has to translate for me at times 😂🤣, she says it’s funny as I just start talking faster when they don’t understand and the look on folks faces.

sedge

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 09 to date
I find it strange that the letters X, J and G are all often pronounced as H in some Mediterranean languages ?
In Spanish, a G is hard normal G when it starts a word eg 'garaje' but pronounced like an H in the middle of a word so angel = anhel. J is always pronounced as H.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
In Spanish, a G is hard normal G when it starts a word eg 'garaje' but pronounced like an H in the middle of a word so angel = anhel. J is always pronounced as H.
Next year, let's have a language Rally, a different language each day with wine of that country to accompany. 👍

Nothing serious, just polite greeting etc.

Cheers! Yamas, Proost, Skal! 😄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back