Lake Constance (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 29, 2020
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Hello all, we have arrived at Lake Constance on our Germany tour. We don’t have much experience with charging stellplatze as we tend to try and avoid overnight charges. We are planning to head to the Stellplatze at Uberlingen tomorrow and wondered if anyone could advise us on the best time to arrive please?

Also we were planning on getting boat to Konstanz for the day from there. There seems to be only about 3 hours in Konstanz before the return ferry. Has anyone done this? Was it worth it?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hello all, we have arrived at Lake Constance on our Germany tour. We don’t have much experience with charging stellplatze as we tend to try and avoid overnight charges. We are planning to head to the Stellplatze at Uberlingen tomorrow and wondered if anyone could advise us on the best time to arrive please?

Also we were planning on getting boat to Konstanz for the day from there. There seems to be only about 3 hours in Konstanz before the return ferry. Has anyone done this? Was it worth it?
Usually the sweet spot on German popular Stellplatz is between 9.30-11.00am👍

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09

Cant help with the ferry but we were there at the end of last month but didnt stay in the aire. There are 2 aires there, one is 18 euros and one 16 euros.
I am a TFG but even I would pay the extra because of location being nearer to the town.
Plenty of boats/ferries going in and out but unsure how many to Konstanz and we didnt do the trip

Enjoy

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp

I found getting to that stellplatz the earlier the better to get a decent spot, Yes the boat trip to Konstance is worth it as is any boat trip from Uberlingen. There is a free bus service from the main road just at the junction where the cafe and Italian restaurant is, the bus takes you to the boat departure point.

OP
OP
K
Feb 29, 2020
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Hi all, thank you! Arrived around 11 am and a few places, many more now ( 8pm). Had a great day, but didn’t go to Konstanz! Off to Lindsay and beyond!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If you have your bikes with you you can get a car ferry that’s cheaper than the passenger one and goes to different ports, ask at the kiosk down the front as it was the young girl who informed us about it.
Nice private Aire at the back of a pub/restaurant at Meersburg, only issue it’s a steep hill if you go the short way to town and an ok one if you take the slightly longer walk.

We also stayed at an Aire round the back of motorhome dealer at Bodman ludwigshaften, easy walk cycle into town

Feb 20, 2023
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp

We where there a month ago, got there about 1pm, and there was loads of room

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
As an aside i Said I was going through Constance to get to aulendorf, however has anyone had any difficulty going from St Margrethen to Lindau via Bregenz on the 202 without any problems (I’m not getting a Go Box for 15 mins on the A14 corridor)?
I am 5 tons!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
As an aside i Said I was going through Constance to get to aulendorf, however has anyone had any difficulty going from St Margrethen to Lindau via Bregenz on the 202 without any problems (I’m not getting a Go Box for 15 mins on the A14 corridor)?
I am 5 tons!
We did that stretch of road as far as Fussach in the motorbike, a bit busy and speed limited through the town and an awkward roundabout at the north end of Bregenz but it is just dual carriageway speed limit with lots of traffic lights til you get out of Bregenz.
There is a Mcdonalds that was doing burger chips and a drink for 5 euros on the right before where the Rhine goes out into the lake

We were prevented from walking out to the middle of the lake as the roads were flooded, but parking a motorhome is possible at this point and then walking (still quite a distance) out to the middle of the lake

47°29'15.4"N 9°40'04.5"E​

Edit that was as far as we could go before paddles were required but google suggests you can get up to here

47°29'37.8"N 9°40'05.7"E​

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
We did that stretch of road as far as Fussach in the motorbike, a bit busy and speed limited through the town and an awkward roundabout at the north end of Bregenz but it is just dual carriageway speed limit with lots of traffic lights til you get out of Bregenz.
There is a Mcdonalds that was doing burger chips and a drink for 5 euros on the right before where the Rhine goes out into the lake

We were prevented from walking out to the middle of the lake as the roads were flooded, but parking a motorhome is possible at this point and then walking (still quite a distance) out to the middle of the lake

47°29'15.4"N 9°40'04.5"E​

Edit that was as far as we could go before paddles were required but google suggests you can get up to here

47°29'37.8"N 9°40'05.7"E​

Thanks Jon, I was just wondering if anyone had to be diverted onto the A14!
You used to be able to buy the A14 corridor vignette regardless of weight for a few euros one way, but they canned that a few years ago, and being close to two borders it used to make perfect sense.🤷‍♂️

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Just a quick heads up - if you take your Stellplatz receipt to the tourist information they will give you a pass which gets you free train travel all along the lake. We went down as far as Lindau.

If you're after a free parkup in the centre of Konstanz itself, we parked against the river in the centre of the university district. Lots of boating and cycling activity during the day. Nice and quiet at night. Half a dozen other motorhomes there too. The university is closed this time of year.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Cracking Stellplatz at Uberlingen, it's only a few years old. I think there's about 40 spaces so you should be fine to turn up mid afternoon. It's next to an Edeka and the park & ride so easy to get down to the lake.

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Cracking Stellplatz at Uberlingen, it's only a few years old. I think there's about 40 spaces so you should be fine to turn up mid afternoon. It's next to an Edeka and the park & ride so easy to get down to the lake.
Just left there this morning and confirm comments made. Easy 1 mile walk into town. Down hill or free bus if needed.
Now in the blackforest €12 a night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back