Kayak adventures with the motorhome (and scooter) (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Ours are a Sea Eagle and a Blue Wave. Both have drop stitch construction and when correctly inflated handle like rigid kayaks. I did have a Sevylor (and some rigid sit-ons including a Ride) and the Sea Eagle is superior to the Sevylor by yards. The Ride was the best kayak I ever had but got too heavy to lift around.
Been looking at Blue Waveā€™s with a drop stitch floor and normal sides. How have yours been?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Been looking at Blue Waveā€™s with a drop stitch floor and normal sides. How have yours been?
We've only used it 2 or 3 times but we're very impressed. Ours is a 2 or 3 seater but paddled solo. That is Martin's boat. Mine is the solo Sea Eagle.

Once my health issues are stabilised we will get out again.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've had a few inflatables, all bar one being Gumotex, my current one is a Gumotex Twist 1 full Nitrilon so easy to look after. It takes me and my dog Tazzy who acts as ballast in the front to keep the nose down which certainly helps to reduce the effect of the wind and aids tracking (I use a collapsible water container with a good few litres of water in if she's in a mood and doesn't want to go).

I have taken all 3 dogs out for a little jaunt but it gets a bit difficult to use the paddle with dog bodies in the way especially as one likes to try to sit on my knee! šŸ˜„

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Went from Batson Creek just north of Salcombe yesterday. Great fun Kayaking all through Salcombe and out as far as beyond Mill Bay towards south Beach. Batson creek is so peaceful but as soon as you get round the corner into Salcombe its like being on a watery M25 just with everyone coming from different directions! Superb fun though.

I thought I had timed it all ok as Batson creek is only good for launching towards high tide but I Was too late getting back and it had dried out somewhat. Getting out and up the mud was an absolute nightmare. I thought I was going to end up as another idiot on Saving lives at sea but got there in the end. :D

Few pics

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back