Kabelio Access Module for U.K. TV in Mainland EU (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Given the demise of Intelsat last year and now the risk of Starlink cutting us off after 2 months (details need to be confirmed) I have been looking at back up options for TV in Spain before we head off for winter.
I ordered a Kabelio module from Amazon and have installed it today but won’t activate until I need it as you get 3 months free with the card (£56) Once it runs out subscription can be added for monthly or yearly use but you need a Swiss address, any address.
Has anyone else used this system, looks like a good solution, transmits via Hotbird.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
You need a Swiss address to order activate the card, get the free three months, then to renew the subscription.

Given you have the card, then perhaps just using a random address, like the university, or hotel, can be used, since i doubt they will send anything postal there, with it all being on line.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
You need a Swiss address to order activate the card, get the free three months, then to renew the subscription.

Given you have the card, then perhaps just using a random address, like the university, or hotel, can be used, since i doubt they will send anything postal there, with it all being on line.
That is the plan, I shall see how it goes. Lot of talk on the German Motorhome forums about it and they indicate any address does the trick for setting up and buying annual subscription. I shall see what happens with Starlink changes from continent use to country use and 2 months limit out of country. We do prefer the simplicity of satellite for viewing, just much easier than firestick etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Never heard of this before but looks a decent bit of kit, unfortunately we don’t have an 85cm dish that they recommend. I wonder if it would work with smaller dish when down in Spain.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Never heard of this before but looks a decent bit of kit, unfortunately we don’t have an 85cm dish that they recommend. I wonder if it would work with smaller dish when down in Spain.
If you can get hot bird sat it should be Iokay think 85cm will be for the extremes

Screenshot_20240918_123122_Edge.jpg

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None

Works fine on my 80cm dish in Valencia, as the Hotbird signals is strong all over Europe , and beyond!

I did a video on my YT channel earlier this year about it :

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back