Just two questions

Likes collected
Funster No
Question one. Fold down basins are practical could they cause problems in the future?

Question two, Fridges that run 12 volt only. Do they use a lot of electricity, how long could you wild camp with one?

Sorry more than two questions!

Thanks in advance.

Colyboy

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Answer 1: My Hymer (2015) tip-up basin has 2 drains.
One is via the tip-up where the contents spills over the back of the basin into a collector. The collector can overflow if the drain is constricted or the user is too enthusiastic with tipping a bowl full.
The basin also has a drain-plug with a corrugated plastic pipe attached which I think is teed to the shower drain somewhere. Anyway, this summer that pipe split under the basin and it was a bit of a faff to replace ....

Answer 2: Too many variables ... battery capacity & type, solar power etc

hja

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Compressor fridges, I.e. 12 volt We have one, and like it. Medium size, under work top, with a freezer compartment. With the original 90 ah battery, 120w solar didn’t really manage two nights, one day off grid. However it rained most of the day so no solar, it was still new to us and we didn’t use the night time setting.
Used the battery to lithium. Now no problems with four nights without moving the van, which is the longest we have been, cause we don’t tend to stay put. Still don’t use the night time setting. We did use it but the if you don’t open the door in the middle of the night it doesn’t come on any way.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
As I’m not a fan of the bulbous plastic sinks, we have one of these drop downs. It disappears completely flush.

IMG_4014.jpeg

Works well, but like other drop downs, fairly shallow.
IMG_7655.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back