Just swallowed the anchor and taken to the road (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 30, 2023
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
New to MotorHoming
Hi all,
Just sold my sailing yacht of 20 years and bought my new (to me) land yacht (Compass Kensington Avant Garde). I used to love to do electrical projects such as solar, Raspberry Pi, Sensors etc on my "vessel" and I'm surprised to find very little info, other than basic user manuals on my new rig - . I particularly want to understand how the electrical/charging system is configured This looks like a friendly place but please be gentle with me if I fire off a few questions in the relevant forum.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
w2f :WelcomeFlag:

You just found the best place to be! You'll get great answers to whatever questions you might have, as well as witty banter and a little bit of nonsense thrown in for good measure :) Welcome to The Fun :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
whats up smile GIF by Marian University

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hi.

Start by posting in the technical threads. What controller do you have for your water pumps, battery selection etc ..... And pictures always help. You'll find great knowledge here but ask one or two questions max at a time on a post or the miriad of answers get confusing.

:welc:

Aug 11, 2021
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Scout SE
Exp
Since1963 with parents
Hi all,
Just sold my sailing yacht of 20 years and bought my new (to me) land yacht (Compass Kensington Avant Garde). I used to love to do electrical projects such as solar, Raspberry Pi, Sensors etc on my "vessel" and I'm surprised to find very little info, other than basic user manuals on my new rig - . I particularly want to understand how the electrical/charging system is configured This looks like a friendly place but please be gentle with me if I fire off a few questions in the relevant forum.
I was Full Circle on YBW.com. Been motorhomeing for a while now. Same as, just no adjustment to passage plan for tidal heights

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi and a warm welcome to the house of Fun 🤩

IMG_1367.gif

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all,

Welcome aboard. :welc:

Quite a few of us on the forum use a Raspberry Pi as a cheaper alternative to the Victron Cerbo to monitor our Victron gear on our motorhomes.
I also use my Raspberry Pi via the Victron Venus software to measure my LPG and water levels and monitor various temperatures such as my lithium hab battery, hot water tanks temperature and hab temperature.
I have an Amazon Echo Dot on my van to operate our diesel heater and Maxxfan as well as giving me, when requested via wireless sensors, the temperature of my fridge and freezer compartments.
Although your user manual is sparse, as most are of any really meaty information, I'm sure the questions you will be asking will be answered from the wealth of knowledge and experience of the MotorhomeFun members.

1721975053817.png

1721975100639.png

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Lenny HB will be along shortly im sure you can chatt for hours :wink: :welcome4:

Jan 25, 2024
North Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
Just think of it as sailing without lines and fenders! And no need to blow up the tender, just unhitch the tow car.

Systems are remarkably similar without the corrosion problems. And no anodes.

Tony.

May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Came ashore a few years ago. Useage rate higher, maintenance more comfortable, you can get out and walk around when you “moor” and you have a fairly good idea of when you are getting home! Still adventures to be had.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome.
Been there, gave up that after having a yacht at Chichester for 27 years. No more checking forecasts and tides, inflating the dinghy to row the dog ashore at 7 a.m. and I can now stop and get off whenever I want. Don't miss sailing at all, especially since the invasion of the 'All the gear, no idea' Birmingham Navy crowd.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back