Just picked up our new IH van. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Looks great I think are you gas free using the diesel for hot water as well? I think I'd have put in space for an air fryer if so.
Yes, we are completely gas free, diesel combi which is super, this one we can’t even hear the pump, must be the installation and lithium to power everything else. They offered us an air fryer but we preferred the combi oven, great thing with IH is you can have whatever you want within the dimensions of the van.

OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Fantastic layout, is this a standard IH design but to your specification ?
We had a list of wants,
Really thick insulation especially in bedroom area.
Totally gas free and offgrid capable.
Fixed wide single beds with large garage to fit our Bromptons, so 60cm + high.
On a Fiat 6.3m, 3500kg, 180 auto.

Ian H adapted the rear area that they build on an Iveco, reducing the proportions to fit the smaller space, we think it worked brilliantly. Storage and boot space is amazing.

Think there are 2 compromises that wouldn’t work for lots of people but are fine for us.
Only 2 seats, but they are v comfy Aguti’s
Shower room needs a curtain.

And yes, on specification, you can have basically anything, if it will fit. You choose everything inside, leathers, carpets, furniture, lighting, plug locations etc.

OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
It’s a lovely van! One thing, do you have footstools for the front seats?
No, seat height ok at front for eating, reading etc. if we want feet up relaxing we will use the day beds at the back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We so nearly bought the 680 with the hab door on the Crafter . In the end we didn’t because we weren’t ready to downsize and bought the Burstner Harmony instead .
Being tied to one dealer many many miles from home was also a factor.
Hope you enjoy every mile of your van .

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
The bedroom looks great - live that you can walk between and use as day seating too.
As a Campscout owner I agree that the lower area between the beds doesn't really sacrifice much storage below and is a great improvement. Very neat electrics. Really like the design but dare I ask what the final bill was?

OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Also is there storage under the beds as well as in the garage.

And what are the external dimensions of the van?
Just a normal 6.36m ducato panel van, the storage is all in the garage, it goes right into the van under each bed. Sorry this isn’t a great photo but you can see on the right side where the Truma is built in and on the left where the lithium is built in, hidden by the 2 bromptons. It’s truly a huge space for a ducato van.

IMG_2329.jpeg

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Just a normal 6.36m ducato panel van, the storage is all in the garage, it goes right into the van under each bed. Sorry this isn’t a great photo but you can see on the right side where the Truma is built in and on the left where the lithium is built in, hidden by the 2 bromptons. It’s truly a huge space for a ducato van.

View attachment 950532
Thanks. It looks like the main difference with our Campscout is the height then. Interesting. I think once DS finishes uni a 2 berth will suit us well and I really like the bed layout in your IH.

OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
BillandHelen may I ask what you paid for the finished article ?
If you look on the IH website you will see they have a couple of Ducato RL/RD’s for sale at £92 and £98k main difference is one has fixed rear panel rather than doors.
To that you add whatever extra’s you want, off grid lithium, air con etc etc. We went for full everything and ended up at c£110k. Bonkers money but very reasonable these days considering the base panel van is £50k.

Aug 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
If you look on the IH website you will see they have a couple of Ducato RL/RD’s for sale at £92 and £98k main difference is one has fixed rear panel rather than doors.
To that you add whatever extra’s you want, off grid lithium, air con etc etc. We went for full everything and ended up at c£110k. Bonkers money but very reasonable these days considering the base panel van is £50k.
Fab van - really well specced and hope you travel far and have great times in it. Your money well spent - enjoy!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back