Just finished pimping what goes in the garage. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
It's the eleventh auto that I've had, second GTS. Whilst I still like my motorbikes. These take some beating.
20240809_091405.jpg

20240809_091355.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Looks brand new to me, did you just take the price tag label off?:giggle::cool:
Love the colour, should see you coming in that.(y)
What size engine is it, I had a go on a funsters 175 twist & go, Red & White/Chrome one that was well pimped Mod/Quadrophenia style, that was ok even two up.
LES

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Please speak in plain English.

Are you saying that you have just polished that automatic scooter and that it fits in your MH garage?
::bigsmile: No.

Pimping my dear chap means adding things to it. The perception being that the added parts will enhance the looks, increase the performance, add to storage, usability and overall enjoyment. :giggle:

It fits in the garage in the exact same space, that my first GTS fitted into. Albeit that this model is around 20mm taller in the handlebars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Looks brand new to me, did you just take the price tag label off?:giggle::cool:
Love the colour, should see you coming in that.(y)
What size engine is it, I had a go on a funsters 175 twist & go, Red & White/Chrome one that was well pimped Mod/Quadrophenia style, that was ok even two up.
LES
Yes Les, it's just had the 600 mile service. It's the 300 and will reach 82mph two up, on the autobahn of course.

The other one was white and it didn't stand out too much amongst the thousands of Vespa's in Italy, when we parked it. Hopefully this one will be more recognisable. That is, if the Italians don't all buy orange ones!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
::bigsmile: No.

Pimping my dear chap means adding things to it. The perception being that the added parts will enhance the looks, increase the performance, add to storage, usability and overall enjoyment. :giggle:

It fits in the garage in the exact same space, that my first GTS fitted into. Albeit that this model is around 20mm taller in the handlebars.
Can’t get one in my garage, too tall🤷‍♂️ hence the Honda SH350, that does go in the garage!!

That said I’m off to measure a Lambretta Li 150 in a minute🤣🤣🤣🤣 don’t tell Mrs Westy🤫🤫

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Something like that in the garage kind of screws the payload unfortunately.
Tight on rear axle granted, but 300kg spare overall packed like this with full tanks
8F746626-6414-4F73-9724-0B26BF3439D0.jpeg

Yes that is the washing machine👍😁😁

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
The other one was white and it didn't stand out too much amongst the thousands of Vespa's in Italy, when we parked it. Hopefully this one will be more recognisable. That is, if the Italians don't all buy orange ones!
Wasn’t Orange an original Lambretta factory colour in the late 1960s and periodically revived since then? Will it upset the brand purists to see it on a Wasp?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It's the eleventh auto that I've had, second GTS. Whilst I still like my motorbikes. These take some beating.
View attachment 933715
View attachment 933716
Liking the Orange and impressively clean. I have a 300cc Aprilia Sports City Cube, same engine but telescopic Forks, 3 discs and bigger wheels. Thinking yours is smarter but I would rather be on mine for the twisty stuff :giggle: :LOL:

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Wasn’t Orange an original Lambretta factory colour in the late 1960s and periodically revived since then? Will it upset the brand purists to see it on a Wasp?
No it was yellow ochre that was the big one. On the GP model. Orange was always popular on Vespa's, especially the Rally 200 model and some smallframes.

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Liking the Orange and impressively clean. I have a 300cc Aprilia Sports City Cube, same engine but telescopic Forks, 3 discs and bigger wheels. Thinking yours is smarter but I would rather be on mine for the twisty stuff :giggle: :LOL:
I agree, you can't beat telescopic forks. They've redesigned the front suspension on this new model with a type of parallelogram anti-dive setup. It's a bit better, but it shakes its head on very bumpy roads. I'm used to it:giggle:

It's not very shiny now. We had a ride to Saint Malo from Dinan and the heavens opened. Now it's 30 degrees in Vannes.

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
My uncle had an ex army MAN to pull his loads. He let me steer it around a field when I was little. I bet I still can't reach the pedals on that one.

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Yes it's a1959 two stroke. Around 30 ish horsepower and 87mph top speed. Scary!

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I don't know about all the genders these days, but those sort of scooters are very "Girlie", but whatever floats your boat. Nobody has the right to judge another's pronouns or preferences these days. I hope you and your scooter are happy together

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
My better half, Cindy, has a Vespa GTS 300. I ride it more than she does. It’s brilliant for local (urban) errands, glides through traffic and has loads of under-seat storage plus top box and bag hook.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
::bigsmile:done the supermoto thing, had a Bladon brothers 710 kitted CCM R30.
1579.jpg

Can't carry 64 litres of water on a CG. But I embrace your thoughts on this. (y)

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Yes. There's a story....I was having my ducati jetted at Motrac and was introduced to a guy who raced at Daytona and owned Quill exhausts. I met him a couple of years later wanting an exhaust made for my CCM. He said he'd introduce me to the Bladon brothers, who 'might' work on my engine. Because they were very choosy and busy building engines for race teams, with English and Japanese bikes.

What clinched it was, I told them I used to race scooters and they were really interested. So in between them building their own dyno! They built my 710 engine. Best bit was I saw the jet engine in it's initial stages. I think a couple of years before they started working on it with Jaguar. They were going to use two to power the battery chargers on the Jag, if I can remember right.

Their workshops and engineering shops were amazing. Sad that it never came off with Jaguar. They were really interesting people.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back