Oct

Join us for a Halloween Rally in Coleford GLOS (2 Viewers)

Aug 20, 2023
Monmouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Wye Bridge works in Monmouth postponed

Monmouthshire County Council has issued an update on the planned resurfacing works on the Wye Bridge in Monmouth. The proposed closure, due to start 16th October, has now been postponed until Spring 2024 at the earliest. The decision has been made after the Council was unable to proceed due to a non-compliant tender.

The need for a major investment to improve the condition of the Wye Bridge is widely appreciated by residents and businesses in Monmouth and surrounding areas. The criticality of the Wye Bridge as a key part of the travel network means that finding a way to resurface the Wye Bridge with minimal disruption will always be a challenge. This is made more difficult given the bridge’s age and unique structure.

Monmouthshire County Council would like to reassure residents and businesses that their concerns and needs will be respected and considered, and every effort will be made to minimise disruption to people's lives when the works take place.

Monmouthshire County Council also confirmed that it was mindful of other major infrastructure improvement projects in Monmouth, notably extensive work by Welsh Water on their infrastructure. These works are expected to commence in September. Details can be found at www.dwrcymru.com/en/help-advice/in-your-area

The Council will review the new timings to minimise the impact of disruption to residents and businesses where possible. Based on the need to go out to tender again, the very earliest that the works are likely to be able to proceed will be spring 2024.

The Council is still being advised by our engineers that it will be necessary to shut the bridge to all traffic other than emergency services and pedestrians when work does proceed. The Council will continue to explore options to limit the impact of the closure through the new tendering process and will issue updates as and when information is confirmed.

OP
OP
Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
ok guys the time has come for names of interested people that would like to join us at our rally from 26th of oct 30th oct ,we have 35 spaces available .Ok guys we are having a Halloween rally ,It's at the Elwood AFC ground in coleford GLOS..gl167ly. the cost is 12 pounds per night NO ELECTRIC. we have use of the function room on the sat night there is a bar for your refreshments.were allowed our own Jacobs table , and disco music .kareoke.and games ,and we can all dress the room if we like and the bar will be open on the Friday as well,it's a lovely flat site well drained so no probs for the vans right next to club house ,toilets,showers, Elsan point,s, dogs are allowed in the club on lead .you can arrive on the thurs to Monday,if you wish ,so get your names down we have only got 35 pitches available,and I will make a reserve list. ps,we must use the club bar on sat night , SO GET YOUR NAMES DOWN .THE list so far

1 silkcut1105
2 swansea jack
3 lighteon
4 girlsaloud
5 scottia
6 robgriff
7 choccyboy
8 lee fryer
9 toledo dave,and polly
10 swifter
11 ambilkate
12 dave2000

13 beacons
14 marrod23
15 fiojay
16 cliffanger
17 jimbohorlicks
18 maidin devon
19 nannimate
20 mrblo
21 johnnjinny
22 DLT
23 lunarman
24 redframe
25 misterb
26 peregrinator
27 riverbankannie
28 @nutrockerpat
29 the hat
30 centurian
31 silver fox
32 gmls
33 daveandsan
34 thegronows
35 welshcake lady
WE ARE FULL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
RESERVE LIST ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 beemobile
2 Sally 47
3 andyandjenny
4 jason75

OP
OP
Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
maidndevon check the list above

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I'm coming Stewart if that's ok as some I know have cancelled.

Feb 20, 2022
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 599 sport
Exp
Im a newbie
Right Ladies and the odd gent ,some of the Ladies on this rally will be doing some crafting during the days .If anybody is interested in having a go ,please pop in and have a go .The ladies are very pleasant and would love to help you along .Cardmaking Diamond art ,a bit of crocheting .If anybody does anymore crafts come along and share .

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We are interested in the crafting🤗👍 also if Anyone fancy a game of qwirkle ,triominoes or rumikub or any other games they may have with them we would be interested ,if we are allowed in the rooms during the day or early afternoons?
Kate

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
On the theme of 'crafting' is there any interest in balloon modelling? It's been a while since ive done any, but happy to do a few basic balloons ( if I can remember?!)

You would need a bag of balloons and a balloon pump, but with enough notice I could get them from a stockist, prob around £15 in total - I would need to check of course, but once you get started it can be addictive and great if you've got grandchildren.

It might be a nice gentle start into a new hobby ....

If anyone is interested let me know and I can get what we need to get started?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Sally47 your now on main list

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hi sue,
The last person who got on today I’m sure we was on list before them,
But I can’t see a actual reserve list on rally forum
This stu pretty useless really ,
Like you say early days still
Thanks
Please chill out . I can see there has been a mistake because on August 3rd you were on the list as 3rd reserve. Please allow Stu Silkcut1105 to sort this. Mistakes happen and not everyone checks the forums as regularly as others 👍
It’s a great rally and I am sure there will be room for you 👍
Edit
There wasn’t a mistake , other than mine 😂.
I didn’t notice Stu had updated the reserve list early today .

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back