Jim the Influencer, what a hypocrite! (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim has one thing in common with gadget john ,both have the same level of understanding when it come to tea urns

Thank you Steve for stripping servicing and assembling the tea urn twice before realising it was just out of gas. Any plumber worth his salt would have checked the gas himself and not taken the word of a layman. :D

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Jim No morals at all, disappointed bowing down to money.

But, give it all to me and I’ll put it in my Brian’s charity jar.

Stand in the corner naked, pick that wet fish up and beat yourself with it while saying “I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy”.

Ummmmm.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Due to the laws of this land, I'm afraid cannot sell you raffle tickets, for this kit online. They must be bought in person at the event. Even though this would raise thousands more for the charity it just can't be done. So, it will have to be won by one of the hundred or so who are going to Peterborough which I'm sure will please them. What great odds of winning!

The Power station AC200MAX and the 350w Solar Array is with me at the moment though I've not unboxed it yet. Around 3 grands worth http://bit.ly/425yBRy And one lucky funster at Peterborough is going to win it on Sunday morning. :D.

If you're feeling lucky, book the Peterborough show and come with us. (y)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Even though this would raise thousands more for the charity it just can't be done. So, it will have to be won by one of the hundred or so who are going to Peterborough

Jim , Could there be another way to raise even more money for Charity and involve others who are committed elsewhere or, for whom, it is too far to travel.

Could there not be a raffle at ALL Funster gatherings and then have the prize draw at the end of the year at Lincoln?

This will allow a long term use (in the tea tent) and trial of the power pack and the possibility of other prizes that you might accumulate during the course of the year? Just a thought! :unsure:

DMartin

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 27, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Jerba Sanna (VW T6)
Exp
since 2017
Good one Jim, I'd buy a ticket only we bought ourselves an AC200 last year when Winter power outages were threatened. To keep fridge and freezer running mainly. It's not had a lot of use; it did keep computers and all working (and the freezer happy) when I had an electrician rewiring a consumer unit though. Not a cheap item. You'll know that it's rated at just over 2kWh total capacity. My primary school maths says that would be equivalent to 160Ah at 12V, so a large battery. Since the price of the unit is roughly £1 per Wh (you can do the maths), if you're just going to use it as a "leisure battery" there are certainly cheaper options. I think it's when you make use of some of the goodies like the 2.2kW invertor, wireless charger for phones, solar PV charging (up to 900W total), Bluetooth (smartphone app) monitoring and control, high power USB outputs, etc. that it makes more sense (for the money).

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Due to the laws of this land, I'm afraid cannot sell you raffle tickets, for this kit online. They must be bought in person at the event. Even though this would raise thousands more for the charity it just can't be done. So, it will have to be won by one of the hundred or so who are going to Peterborough which I'm sure will please them. What great odds of winning!

The Power station AC200MAX and the 350w Solar Array is with me at the moment though I've not unboxed it yet. Around 3 grands worth http://bit.ly/425yBRy And one lucky funster at Peterborough is going to win it on Sunday morning. :D.

If you're feeling lucky, book the Peterborough show and come with us. (y)
So why can’t you take donations and as a gratitude put a raffle ticket in as a thank you.

Your not selling tickets then but accepting a needed donation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Jim, will you buy me 50 tickets and I’ll put the money in YOUR bank account, does that get around the law?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Jim, will you buy me 50 tickets and I’ll put the money in YOUR bank account, does that get around the law?
On second thoughts I don’t actually think I need it!:unsure:

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Proper objective reviews take a fair bit of work. Being paid for them is unethical so you have to donate your time, so I don’t bother. Donating the item to charity though, I’ll give time to that, so it could work (y)
If it's going to be an ongoing proposition perhaps have a voluntary option at subscription renewal, opt in at £? extra to be in the free [?]draws, or regular subscription if not? So the question is, "do you feel lucky "?
Mike.

Mar 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
SWIFT KONTIKI 649
Exp
SINCE 1980
Good point Carol, but I just like the transparency. I hate it when one of a magazines biggest advertisers happens to win an award for say, Best family Motorhome but with only 270 kg of payload. It stinks. After railing about it for years, I'd hate to be accused of it.

So we'll raffle it. If it turns out to be great and stops us having to lug a Genny and petrol to shows then I'll buy one. (y)
Good man!

Ian99

Free Member
Sep 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
2022 Fiat Globecar
I've had one for over a year; you can charge it at home by mains or when driving via 12v cig socket or by the solar, which really does charge it well if it's sunny (big if!). It's brilliant for short sharp power, like toasters, small kettles & grills and obviously charging stuff like phones and laptops. Not so good for continual drain like a small - medium 12v fridge as it goes flat over night. IMHO, a brilliant, useful and silent alternative to generators.

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
2021 and counting
Someones just pointed out that I might make much more for the charity if we opened the raffle to everyone. I might do that, but logistically it would be difficult
Hi Jim
It’s a great bit of kit,why not put the raffle out to all funsters at maybe £1 per strip, my maths is not great but surely there is the possibility of raising a considerable amount for the charity.
I my self would by 5 strips.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Why make Lord Jim's life any harder. If that is how wants to do it,so be it. Yes it deprives poor members like me the opportunities afforded to others, Mrs Westhamman will have to keep peddling to generate electricity to heat the kettle.

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
2021 and counting
Why make Lord Jim's life any harder. If that is how wants to do it,so be it. Yes it deprives poor members like me the opportunities afforded to others, Mrs Westhamman will have to keep peddling to generate electricity to heat the kettle.
⚒️👍

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I had hoped that my earlier suggestion would not make it harder, just a little fairer and raise more money for charity.
Perhaps, just a little more for other rally organisers that wanted to participate.

When I said ALL, I meant some of the main ones such as the 'Bash' where I for example, wouldn't mind selling the tickets for Jim.
before Lincoln, find someone who is going (or go myself) just has to take them and they get mixed with the others before the draw.

As long as all the tickets have a name & telephone number, there should not be a problem?

PS I have no/little use for it so it might get raffled at the following Bash, make a change from those bl**** Candles! :LOL:

Jun 29, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 966M
Exp
since 2010
Jim , Could there be another way to raise even more money for Charity and involve others who are committed elsewhere or, for whom, it is too far to travel.

Could there not be a raffle at ALL Funster gatherings and then have the prize draw at the end of the year at Lincoln?

This will allow a long term use (in the tea tent) and trial of the power pack and the possibility of other prizes that you might accumulate during the course of the year? Just a thought! :unsure:
Brilliant idea, gives a lot more the chance of winning and brings in more for the charity 👍

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Without looking at it all in detail, I suspect Jim's cannot do anything other than raffle for those at Peterborough is down to legalities that would cross the line of licencing for something that becomes gambling under lottery and charity rules? I'm sure he would like to be able to open it out to a wider group, which would increase likely returns for the good cause, but if the time, effort, and costs of setting that up are too much.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Thank you Steve for stripping servicing and assembling the tea urn twice before realising it was just out of gas. Any plumber worth his salt would have checked the gas himself and not taken the word of a layman. :D
rookie mistake over estimating the intelligence of the customer:giggle:

• Funny
Reactions: Jim

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Just a thought, what if funsters at the rally buy extra, for "friends", who can't be there, and those friends pay them back?
Maybe that could increase the charity donations?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Can someone guide me to this Bluetti review please as I can't find it thanks.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can someone guide me to this Bluetti review please as I can't find it thanks.
Must confess this is the first I have seen this, was there a review? Who won it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back