Jim the Influencer, what a hypocrite! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well after slagging off those influencers on YouTube for ages I've figured that I'm leaving money on the table, so I've joined them. And I am going to review the Superb, Fantastic, Best in Class, Wonderful Bluetti AC200 Max. And I'm doing it because they said I could keep it. Look out for my brilliant, completely unbiased review of this remarkable, tremendous, fantastic, how-did-I-ever-manage-without -it power pack, in the magazine soon (y) :D

AC200MAX-2_1200x.jpg

Not quite true, here's the story :D

These guys along with similar companies have been writing to me for quite a while asking me to review products. I always say I'm not interested. They even offered to pay me to write a review. I just don't think that being paid with a product or cash could never be the basis for an honest review.

However, Bluetti have persisted and offered us this large battery pack to use in our trade tent at Peterborough. Normally we run a generator to operate the printers and badge makers and laminators etc but we're going to be using one of these. So the tea tent will be much quieter this year.

I will write and publish a review based on this use and to keep it ethical and honest, on the last day of Peterborough, we will raffle it for charity! So that will be win-win-win, they get a review article. Some Funster will win a £2000 battery pack and a charity will benefit from the raffle.. It strikes me this is a good way to review small items , so I might be contacting other companies so we can review products and then auction them off charity too. (y)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Well after slagging off those influencers on YouTube for ages I've figured that I'm leaving money on the table, so I've joined them.

Looking forward to seeing you doing the review after the obligatory boob job and the Botox'd lips.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don’t forget the generator just in case the “remarkable, tremendous, fantastic, how-did-I-ever-manage-without -it power pack” is not quite as good as it is advertised to be………

It will have to be good because the laminator makes the 2kva Honda scream, as you have probably heard while trying to eat biscuits

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
The very big question about this, much on funster minds - will it power the tea urn?
You do know that the tea urn is a gas fired contraption. Ooh, when is LPG being phased out?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Could you do a Just Giving page for the charity and draw a contributor at random?

That was my kind of thinking.
And why exclude funsters that can’t go to the show.

I can’t see any reason why you can’t accept items in for review and then do a paid or free draw for any items you review.

If you wanted to obviously 😊

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Well after slagging off those influencers on YouTube for ages I've figured that I'm leaving money on the table, so I've joined them. And I am going to review the Superb, Fantastic, Best in Class, Wonderful Bluetti AC200 Max. And I'm doing it because they said I could keep it. Look out for my brilliant, completely unbiased review of this remarkable, tremendous, fantastic, how-did-I-ever-manage-without -it power pack, in the magazine soon (y) :D

AC200MAX-2_1200x.jpg

Not quite true, here's the story :D

These guys along with similar companies have been writing to me for quite a while asking me to review products. I always say I'm not interested. They even offered to pay me to write a review. I just don't think that being paid with a product or cash could never be the basis for an honest review.

However, Bluetti have persisted and offered us this large battery pack to use in our trade tent at Peterborough. Normally we run a generator to operate the printers and badge makers and laminators etc but we're going to be using one of these. So the tea tent will be much quieter this year.

I will write and publish a review based on this use and to keep it ethical and honest, on the last day of Peterborough, we will raffle it for charity! So that will be win-win-win, they get a review article. Some Funster will win a £2000 battery pack and a charity will benefit from the raffle.. It strikes me this is a good way to review small items , so I might be contacting other companies so we can review products and then auction them off charity too. (y)
You’ve sold your soLe🤔😩😂😂😂

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
You do know that the tea urn is a gas fired contraption. Ooh, when is LPG being phased out?

Gadget Jim will be doing a VLOG on that soon… watch this space and don’t forget to pay your subscriptions and like (all my posts). 😇🤪

#negativecommentsdeleted
#socialmediawho
#itsfoecharityinnit
#metoo

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can’t see any reason why you can’t accept items in for review and then do a paid or free draw for any items you review.
Proper objective reviews take a fair bit of work. Being paid for them is unethical so you have to donate your time, so I don’t bother. Donating the item to charity though, I’ll give time to that, so it could work (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Proper objective reviews take a fair bit of work. Being paid for them is unethical so you have to donate your time, so I don’t bother. Donating the item to charity though, I’ll give time to that, so it could work (y)

I can see how it would take up a lot of time and effort.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Someones just pointed out that I might make much more for the charity if we opened the raffle to everyone. I might do that, but logistically it would be difficult

Yeah, what about us overseas MHFun members (of which there a quite a few) and cannot get anywhere near Peter'boro in short order. We are the jam on the butter on your bread Mister. :LOL:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just a different slant if the Bluetti AC200 Max is given a honest review by you and I know it would, and the equipment is a genuine help in running the Fun Tent coffee / tea / etc would it be wrong to keep it as part of Fun equipment. The smaller things not needed to help with running the Fun Tents could be put in the raffles, just a thought.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just a different slant if the Bluetti AC200 Max is given a honest review by you and I know it would, and the equipment is a genuine help in running the Fun Tent coffee / tea / etc would it be wrong to keep it as part of Fun equipment. The smaller things not needed to help with running the Fun Tents could be put in the raffles, just a thought.

Good point Carol, but I just like the transparency. I hate it when one of a magazines biggest advertisers happens to win an award for say, Best family Motorhome but with only 270 kg of payload. It stinks. After railing about it for years, I'd hate to be accused of it.

So we'll raffle it. If it turns out to be great and stops us having to lug a Genny and petrol to shows then I'll buy one. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back