I've heard of this practice before but never seen evidence - "repackaged battery" (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Screenshot_20240515-121538.png

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Is that not a package solution with the solar panel built into the removed top? Still poor though.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
They do the same with SSD drives. They have 8TB on the case. But inside is not even an SSD but an ultraslow SD card.
The firmware is programmed to report 8TB but is usually only a fraction of the quoted size.
By the time you realise it is not the full capacity the ebay store has already been shutdown and you are out of luck.

1715788455227.png

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
What will these scammers think of next? .... and why can't/will not the police go after these crooks?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
That's why we only buy SSD's, usb's and SD cards from Sandisk and Samsung via Amazon (not marketplace) and run capacity and performance checks immediately on receipt.
7dayshop.com is a very reliable source for those type of components at very reasonable prices, without taking a chance on an unscrupulous Ebay seller. 😉

One of my associates absolutely refuses to buy anything off Ebay, but instead prefers to buy off Amazon. Little does he know that many of the sellers on Ebay, also trade on Amazon. :doh:
I have tried to advise him accordingly, but he obviously knows best. 🤷‍♂️

This is the same guy shelling out over £50 a month for a monitored alarm system, which has a much lesser specification and fewer options, than a home security kit I have recently installed for half the price. 🤷‍♂️
He won't have it, (from a former member of the Emergency Services), that the attendance from the Police, to an activation of his house alarm, is extremely unlikely under these current "budget constraints", despite the element of 24/7 monitoring by the alarm providers.
He has already been informed by letter from the Chief Constable's Office, that after 2 x previous erroneous alarm activations, the Police will no longer respond to any further alarm activations
What's the point? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, back on topic. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
7dayshop.com is a very reliable source for those type of components at very reasonable prices, without taking a chance on an unscrupulous Ebay seller. 😉

One of my associates absolutely refuses to buy anything off Ebay, but instead prefers to buy off Amazon. Little does he know that many of the sellers on Ebay, also trade on Amazon. :doh:
I have tried to advise him accordingly, but he obviously knows best. 🤷‍♂️

This is the same guy shelling out over £50 a month for a monitored alarm system, which has a much lesser specification and fewer options, than a home security kit I have recently installed for half the price. 🤷‍♂️
He won't have it, (from a former member of the Emergency Services), that the attendance from the Police, to an activation of his house alarm, is extremely unlikely under these current "budget constraints", despite the element of 24/7 monitoring by the alarm providers.
He has already been informed by letter from the Chief Constable's Office, that after 2 x previous erroneous alarm activations, the Police will no longer respond to any further alarm activations
What's the point? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, back on topic. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Agreed, there are "unscrupulous" sellers on both eBay and Amazon and that's why, in relation to computer storage, we buy Amazon stocked products only but still check them with DiskMark and DiskInfo on receipt.

Only ever one faulty usb stick and it was refunded about 30 minutes after I handed it into local Royal Mail office for return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back