Is this product suitable for greasing back door hinges on our Boxer? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
Would be grateful if any mechanic type experts out there would know if this product would be suitable for lubricating the hinges on the back doors of our Autosleeper Symbol - base vehicle Peugeot Boxer?

Or any alternative suggestions appreciated. The hinges already have a type of white grease on them but have bits of dust/dirt too so wanting to clean them up then re-grease.

Thanks

87F467A2-6F33-44D2-87CB-058E5C3FABE2.jpeg

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I am thinking that will not have enough 'creep' to get into the actual hinge assembly. I may be wrong as i have not used it. You may be better off using something like a PTFE spray or ,as I do, just a simple oil can.

Geoff

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
I recently re oiled or hinges after one got very stiff and started squeaking Also a boxer. Applied thin oil to the top of yhe pin and in any small areas around the hinge that moved. Kept opening and closing the door to work it in .
Worked a treat.
I wouldnt use WD40.

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
I wouldnt use WD40.
The OP is not suggesting normal WD40. The product in question is White Lithium Grease that is a WD branded product.

I think it will be good for the job. The aerosol can will have a propellant that thins the product so it can be sprayed. This also means it will penetrate a hinge and then the propellant evaporates off leaving a grease film.

It is also safer to use lithium if any plastics are involved than petroleum based products.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
be aware overspray of lithium grease will turn white and attract dirt like poo to a blanket
It does but, it’s a dirty beggar that doesn’t wipe excess overspray off afterwards! 😵‍💫🤨

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
Would be grateful if any mechanic type experts out there would know if this product would be suitable for lubricating the hinges on the back doors of our Autosleeper Symbol - base vehicle Peugeot Boxer?

Or any alternative suggestions appreciated. The hinges already have a type of white grease on them but have bits of dust/dirt too so wanting to clean them up then re-grease.

Thanks

View attachment 911219
Suggest you use motorcycle O ring chain aerosol
it has a frothing appearance when applied, but importantly has a penetrating ability
to lube the internal links of the bike chain
just wipe off the excess after applying, and just leave it to work
the ideal hinge lubricant

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2022
Staffordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 254
Exp
4 years

Thanks

View attachment 911219

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2022
Staffordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 254
Exp
4 years
Be careful, the instructions inform you to shake regularly. What they don't tell you is.....................as soon as you stop shaking to point it where you want it to go, it stops spraying and will not work again, no matter what you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Suggest you use motorcycle O ring chain aerosol
it has a frothing appearance when applied, but importantly has a penetrating ability
to lube the internal links of the bike chain
just wipe off the excess after applying, and just leave it to work
the ideal hinge lubricant

That is exactly what I use on hinges and door latchs, also on whoosh bang door runners.

On stubborn beggers
ACF 50 comes in handy
Works well👍

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back