Is this an12v external water pump connection ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
IMG_20230529_175837.jpg

IMG_20230529_175834.jpg

This connection is fitted next to the water filling point, so I assume it's for operating an external pump if using a container (aqua roll type) for topping up water.

I tried testing it both with the auxillary power setting on and off, but got no reading both times - can anyone suggest why? Is it likely to be activated by some sort of float switch in the water tank?

It's on an Adria and looks to have been installed during the build. I can't find anything in the handbook that mentions it.

I'm thinking of using it for a folding solar panel connection into the Motorhome ratte than making another opening.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
It is a 12v supply socket, which can be used to power an external transfer pump. For instance to transfer water from an Aquarol to the vehicle tank. I am sure the last time this was asked, someone found a plug at reasonable money, so worth searching for.

Geoff

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Jim can tell you all about these :p :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Thanks. It seems to make more sense to remove it and utilise it for the folding solar panel. I will consider enlarging the hole and fitting the external power socket I've just bought and adding some sort of connector for the solar connections

I just need a few days to weigh up all my options before I start. It's not an urgent job and will prob be started next week.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Did you buy your Adria new?
If so, you should have received a pump with it.
(we got one with ours)
No we didn't, but thanks for the post. I did assume it was original just looking at the location and 'age wear' of the cover, so thanks for confirming.
How is the pump activated as the cables don't seem to be live?

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
View attachment 761236

View attachment 761237

This connection is fitted next to the water filling point, so I assume it's for operating an external pump if using a container (aqua roll type) for topping up water.

I tried testing it both with the auxillary power setting on and off, but got no reading both times - can anyone suggest why? Is it likely to be activated by some sort of float switch in the water tank?

It's on an Adria and looks to have been installed during the build. I can't find anything in the handbook that mentions it.

I'm thinking of using it for a folding solar panel connection into the Motorhome ratte than making another opening.
As already said, it's for a Whale pump. On our Autotrail it's only live when the Shureflo pump is switched on.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I have the same on my PVC and I’ve lost the plug end off my submersible pump😟. Having seen the price of a replacement I haven’t bothered - I just stick the wires in the socket and hold it in!! Not ideal I agree but it is very rarely used, as a hose is my usual method of filling.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Thanks for the replies. I may even leave the connection for future 'buyers' - in about ten years lol.

For those without the plug end - here's an alternative that I have bought to see if it would be suitable for my external folding solar panel connection BUT it might also be an option for 'The Plugless' amongst us ...

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
i know i am revisiting (one of) my old posting - but does anyone know if this plug will fit - it looks very similar - or has anyne sourced a plug that does fit?

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
i know i am revisiting (one of) my old posting - but does anyone know if this plug will fit - it looks very similar - or has anyne sourced a plug that does fit?

It doesn't say in the listing if the pins are two different diameters, as in the Whale one. The £22 postage would stop me. I'm considering trying to make my own plug, either as a 3D print, or else by building up the shape with a hot glue gun .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It could look like a pair of trainers as long as the pins are in the correct place.
But it will take an age to fill a 70 liter tank.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It could look like a pair of trainers as long as the pins are in the correct place.
But it will take an age to fill a 70 liter tank.
Its not my intention to fill the tank, but when we're at a rally and need to add some water then it might be an option. I've seen lots of people using watering cans to add a couple of gallons and did consider a collapsible watering can, but as we already have a collapsible bucket I wondered if I could make use of it.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It doesn't say in the listing if the pins are two different diameters, as in the Whale one. The £22 postage would stop me. I'm considering trying to make my own plug, either as a 3D print, or else by building up the shape with a hot glue gun .
My thoughts were that if they're a chandlery item, would they be available in the UK ...

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
but as we already have a collapsible bucket I wondered if I could make use of it.
It would be quicker (and cheaper) Dave, using a piece of plumbers right angled pipe to fit in the water tank filler neck, and pouring the bucket full in. ;) As an example............

1721030169786.png

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It would be quicker (and cheaper) Dave, using a piece of plumbers right angled pipe to fit in the water tank filler neck, and pouring the bucket full in.

Cheers,

Jock. ;)
Or just buying or even 3D printing my own funnel! I'm sure others have already done it ..... Though I did find a collapsible bucket with watering can connections ....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back