Is this a new thing for CMC , let’s hope so (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
We are at the Tewksbury site for a couple of nights , we have found that they have changed to toilet closure for cleaning from mid morning to mid afternoon .
I never understood what they closed just as people were packing up to go as that’s when you want to use the loo , also you could not have a lie in as you needed to get up for a shower before they were closed .

I hope this is a national policy 👍

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
The wardens used to w aider around on their tractors and collect the rubbish. Apparently it took too much time and used too many plastic bin liners. Personally I don’t care but the move has created quite a hullabaloo on the CAMC forum.
Changes are never going to go down well with many CAMC Members, some of them are still towing caravans and thought adding Motorhome to the club name was a personal affront.😀

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Having just left two private sites with toilets that are grubby, dirty, cleaned by boat people we are glad to get to a CMC site with clean and tidy facilities. We stay mainly on sites which is our choice and prefer to use their toilets than ours. All down to personal choice.

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Yet another reason, in my experience, why I prefer CCC sites, on them I find the Disabled facilities are always open during the cleaning period.

Considerate campers don't use it for a shower because it's engaged too long but for an emergency visit, it's always there.😄
The CAMC sites do as well.

No good when you have to leave at 11 and there's a queue outside at 10 to!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2022
Staffordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 254
Exp
4 years
We are at the Tewksbury site for a couple of nights , we have found that they have changed to toilet closure for cleaning from mid morning to mid afternoon .
I never understood what they closed just as people were packing up to go as that’s when you want to use the loo , also you could not have a lie in as you needed to get up for a shower before they were closed .

I hope this is a national policy 👍
Stuff the CAMC. Go abroad.............toilets are being cleaned all day everyday and therefore are immaculate. Men and women cleaners, all do a fantastic job and yes / no the toilets do not close, and are open 24/7

Upvote 0

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
We were on the Tewkesbury Abbey site in early August. It is useful to have access to the loos in mid-morning. Allows us to get up a bit later.

Staggering closed hours for cleaning means there is one of two toilet facilities open at all times. Cirencester Park site does that.

When the CAMC applies national policies across its sites it isn't always good. Some sites used to allow arrivals at 12 noon. Now it's 1 pm everywhere. That is a pain in the neck if you want to book a local pub / restaurant for lunch. By the time you can get there it is probably 2pm. Of course, we can go to a Wetherspoons instead, if there is one.
How dare the staff have a unpaid lunch break. 😂

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
With all due respect that doesn't really answer the question...

JJ :cool:
Sometimes we choose to use our own facilities, sometimes we choose to use the communal facilities. Often we stop at places where there are no facilities but sometimes we choose a site with good facilities and use them. I have a van with facilities and this allows me to make choices.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Stuff the CAMC. Go abroad.............toilets are being cleaned all day everyday and therefore are immaculate. Men and women cleaners, all do a fantastic job and yes / no the toilets do not close, and are open 24/7

Be honest, if they did that in the UK, there would be complaints about privacy!

Many years ago, I was a minder for a very rich family who's well educated late teenage son wanted to experience summer on the French Riviera.
He pee'd himself rather than enter a St Tropez public toilet with female attendants .

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
But that’s only six months of the year.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I have nice long showers in my van but I don't wipe anything down and nothing needs drying (except me) ;)

Either your idea of a long hot shower is different to mine or you have a much bigger hot water supply in your van than I do. As for wiping down that is just another example of personal choice. It seems some of us don’t think the JJ way but that doesn’t make us wrong, it just makes us different.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
We are at CMC Rookesbury Park, same here with afternoon cleaning, much better as stops the morning rush. I know the majority here dislike CMC but Rookesbury has been great, nothing to complain about for us. Helpful, friendly Wardens who run a great site 👍
It's about a mile and three quarters to the Roebuck and 2.5 miles to Wickham. It's in the middle of nowhere like many CAMC sites and expensive with it.

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I did. I very specifically said long “hot” showers.

I am very happy to count myself amongst the poor lost souls that are otherwise known as free thinkers.

I KNOW you said "hot" showers.

You posted you thought I must have a bigger hot water tank than you.

I never posted that my showers used HOT water... that's all!

How using camp site facilities (which you have got in your motorhome) has got anything to do with "free thinking" totally escapes me! :rofl:

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I KNOW you said "hot" showers.

You posted you thought I must have a bigger hot water tank than you.

I never posted that my showers used HOT water... that's all!
Because at #47 you were responding to and quoting my post about hot showers. If you are only taking long cold showers why did you quote my post about hot showers, it doesn’t advance the discussion. Indeed it just makes it tedious.
How using camp site facilities (which you have got in your motorhome) has got anything to do with "free thinking" totally escapes me!
Because the free thinking was about the “poor lost soles” who don’t subscribe to the JJ way of thinking not about using camp facilities.

• Nice One!
Reactions: DJT
Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I liked your post because I thought you were being ironic but now I'm wondering if you really did mean it.

I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
If only that were absolute reality, abroad has as many good and poorly cleaned sites as the uk, and I am sure we have all experienced both.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back