Is this a new thing for CMC , let’s hope so (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
We are at the Tewksbury site for a couple of nights , we have found that they have changed to toilet closure for cleaning from mid morning to mid afternoon .
I never understood what they closed just as people were packing up to go as that’s when you want to use the loo , also you could not have a lie in as you needed to get up for a shower before they were closed .

I hope this is a national policy 👍

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We are at the Tewksbury site for a couple of nights , we have found that they have changed to toilet closure for cleaning from mid morning to mid afternoon .
I never understood what they closed just as people were packing up to go as that’s when you want to use the loo , also you could not have a lie in as you needed to get up for a shower before they were closed .

Yeah - it caught me out a couple of weeks ago when I was there!

They run a very slick checking-in system there at the peak time of 1 o'clock so it probably frees staff up in the afternoon.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Apologies I misread the initial post on times :getmecoat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Summit Prime 640
Exp
Since 2014
I never understood what they closed just as people were packing up to go as that’s when you want to use the loo.......
To get you off site as soon as possible so they can "tidy pitches" before the next lot turn up.
More aimed at caravanners who tend to "explode" over the pitch and surrounding areas.

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Some sites with new/ refurbished toilet blocks do not close. They have a sliding door midway through the block with identical facilities so half can remain open while they clean the other half. Works very well.
Agreed.

As long as they put the cord and sign on the correct door and don't start blaming you for ignoring the sign :whistle2:

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi they were doing that at the end of April i think it's about time as well, I think the closing of the facilities at 10/ 11 o'clock is absolutely stupid , it should be rolled out across all of their sites .

Upvote 0
May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are at CMC Rookesbury Park, same here with afternoon cleaning, much better as stops the morning rush. I know the majority here dislike CMC but Rookesbury has been great, nothing to complain about for us. Helpful, friendly Wardens who run a great site 👍

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Had our first experience of CMC metered electricity a few days ago. Put £5 credit on account before arriving and claimed £3 back afterwards. Nice and easy no complaints. Happy not to be subsidising the wasteful users, hope they spread it out to all their sites.

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Was in Florence few years back standing at the urinal doing the deed and a lady came over and was mopping the floor then came over and started around my shoes 😳😳😳😳not the first time in Europe I have seen ladies cleaning while toilets being used🤔🤔

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Why do they need to close the toilets completely to clean? Doesn't happen in most public toilet situations.
Yet another reason, in my experience, why I prefer CCC sites, on them I find the Disabled facilities are always open during the cleaning period.

Considerate campers don't use it for a shower because it's engaged too long but for an emergency visit, it's always there.😄

Upvote 0

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
CMC gave up on them after COVID. Shockingly bad unreliable website, an app that doesn’t work very well, inflated Ryanair pricing structure, more sites closing over winter, less experienced Wardens who from our experience have a dislike of larger motorhomes. So for us we walked after almost 30 years and must say we don’t miss it one bit and that’s from members that used to do over 130 days a year on CMC sites.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
CMC gave up on them after COVID. Shockingly bad unreliable website, an app that doesn’t work very well, inflated Ryanair pricing structure, more sites closing over winter, less experienced Wardens who from our experience have a dislike of larger motorhomes. So for us we walked after almost 30 years and must say we don’t miss it one bit and that’s from members that used to do over 130 days a year on CMC sites.
I agree their website is dire and I curse it every time.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Was in Florence few years back standing at the urinal doing the deed and a lady came over and was mopping the floor then came over and started around my shoes 😳😳😳😳not the first time in Europe I have seen ladies cleaning while toilets being used🤔🤔
Yes I've had that, it works well.

Upvote 0

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Isn't that sensible? Who wants noisy bin lorries driving around the site banging and emptying the rubbish next to one's van at all hours of the day? 🤔
The wardens used to w aider around on their tractors and collect the rubbish. Apparently it took too much time and used too many plastic bin liners. Personally I don’t care but the move has created quite a hullabaloo on the CAMC forum.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

We were on the Tewkesbury Abbey site in early August. It is useful to have access to the loos in mid-morning. Allows us to get up a bit later.

Staggering closed hours for cleaning means there is one of two toilet facilities open at all times. Cirencester Park site does that.

When the CAMC applies national policies across its sites it isn't always good. Some sites used to allow arrivals at 12 noon. Now it's 1 pm everywhere. That is a pain in the neck if you want to book a local pub / restaurant for lunch. By the time you can get there it is probably 2pm. Of course, we can go to a Wetherspoons instead, if there is one.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

I think that might not work on sites which only have one couple as wardens. The afternoon is when people arrive so reception has to be manned. It therefore makes sense they do the maintenance stuff in the morning. The loos in sites I've visited are often closed from around eleven each morning for an hour or so which is after the morning rush. This isn't unique to the CMC or even the UK, I've seen this happening elsewhere. :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back