Is there anyone who can help me please

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
I’ve got an Elddis Autoquest 52 plate and I’ve got to my motorhome today and I can’t lock my habitation door from either the inside or outside. All I’ve done is spray it with a bit of WD40 because the mechanism is a bit stiff. I’m currently in Wythall but have an exterior safe door lock so could travel. I’m going away in it on Wednesday so need to sort it out asap

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I’ve got an Elddis Autoquest 52 plate and I’ve got to my motorhome today and I can’t lock my habitation door from either the inside or outside. All I’ve done is spray it with a bit of WD40 because the mechanism is a bit stiff. I’m currently in Wythall but have an exterior safe door lock so could travel. I’m going away in it on Wednesday so need to sort it out asap
There are mobile locksmiths but they will be expensive, especially on a Sunday. You could put some oil (cooking oil will be fine) on the key and insert and remove it from the lock a few times to lubricate it, WD40 isn't a lubricant.

Upvote 0

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I don’t know much, but this will keep your post up the list for someone who does! Have you tried using the key in the drivers door? Could it be your key fob battery?

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Does the key turn fully but just doesn't do anything.
If so part of the mechanism has become detached inside the door.
You only get 5 free posts, of which you used 3 in this thread, then you must subscribe to continue posting but can still read.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Tracey, if you don't get it fixed before you go away.. wangle a 'locking system' inside for whilst you in bed with bungee cords.. I had to do that once. Keep safe, hon.

(my problem turned out to be as pappa John said).

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back