Is it me or does the Adamo have a small water tank? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
adamo 69-4
Hi
I have just bought a new adamo 69-4 prior to this I had a Chausson welcome I couldn’t wait to get rid of . However I have noticed a significant difference in water holding capacity. Would you experienced people out there say that the tank on this new adamo is small by comparison to others ? I could go for four days wild camping previously and have a quick shower every day ,in this adamo travelling with my partner ,we can only manage one day of two showers very short without having to fill up each day? Any views appreciated. I think I might have made a blunder the capacity is 100L .
Many thanks

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi
I have just bought a new adamo 69-4 prior to this I had a Chausson welcome I couldn’t wait to get rid of . However I have noticed a significant difference in water holding capacity. Would you experienced people out there say that the tank on this new adamo is small by comparison to others ? I could go for four days wild camping previously and have a quick shower every day ,in this adamo travelling with my partner ,we can only manage one day of two showers very short without having to fill up each day? Any views appreciated. I think I might have made a blunder the capacity is 100L .
Many thanks
What was the capacity of your Welcome fresh water tank in comparison?

Is there a leak in the Adamo tank / pipework / etc.

Is it as a result of a higher water flow out the taps?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
:hiya2: w2f

If you are relying on the level meter tho say 100% it may be that you can still fill with more water. Open the inspection cap if it has one and fill till you get to the top.

Your old van may have had a 120 ltr tank. I don’t know this but am guessing.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A couple of vans ago we had one with a 100t tank we used to to carry 2 x 20lt water containers in the garage and pump them over with a submersible pump.
IMO a van with a tank smaller than 150 Lt tank is not fit for purpose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The vast majority of my water use is showers. I bet a high flow pump and shower head that allows big flow will be luxurious, but run through the tank very quickly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I bet a high flow pump and shower head that allows big flow will be luxurious, but run through the tank very quickly.
We are eating water in our new van, 4 days with only one shower each nearly emptied the tank, last van same size tank would easy do 4 days with both of us having a shower every day.

Its got a powerful 4 chamber pump and a high flow shower head, the shower head will be the first thing to get changed.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We are eating water in our new van, 4 days with only one shower each nearly emptied the tank, last van same size tank would easy do 4 days with both of us having a shower every day.

Its got a powerful 4 chamber pump and a high flow shower head, the shower head will be the first thing to get changed.
We noticed that too, there is too much pressure something I never thought I'd complain about.

Shower head needs to be small one to fit?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I guess a water saving shower head might be better? It really depends on the pressure and flow they've been designed for.

Literally put a jug under the shower head and see how quickly it fills. And try again with another head. Some shower heads are much lower flow, but they don't feel much different.

OP
OP
P
Jul 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
adamo 69-4
My 100L tank lasts us about three days.
Thank you all for your comments.
Hi
Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back