Is it just me? (15 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Is it just me that finds this sort behaviour disgusting, I am parked in the Aire camping-car Dieppe La Marne in Dieppe, and this morning I see two UK Motorhomes obviously that came in during the night, one parked in the disabled pitch, and one which turned out to be their friends parked and slept on one of the two waste water disposal points which was next to their friend, the disabled pitch had their waste water pipe fully open and brown water going every where, mean while there was a queue waiting to empty their grey waste at the waste water disposal point, some Germans & France had words with them, and they moved, but they looked bemused as if they had not done anything wrong.

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
I it possible that they came in during the night and it was too dark to notice?
or are they just ignorant? :unsure:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
or are they just ignorant?
Quite possibly
There's no driving test/exam to pass before one is let loose in a motorhome. Perhaps there should be?

Driving on a car licence
Manoeuvre course if you choose.
Handover concentrates on how your van's systems work.

You learn the rest by experience & commonsense (which isn't that common)

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
Is it just me that finds this sort behaviour disgusting, I am parked in the Aire camping-car Dieppe La Marne in Dieppe, and this morning I see two UK Motorhomes obviously that came in during the night, one parked in the disabled pitch, and one which turned out to be their friends parked and slept on one of the two waste water disposal points which was next to their friend, the disabled pitch had their waste water pipe fully open and brown water going every where, mean while there was a queue waiting to empty their grey waste at the waste water disposal point, some Germans & France had words with them, and they moved, but they looked bemused as if they had not done anything wrong.
Kicking people off the disabled pitches is something I do on a regular basis, people have to be told its not a dining/parking pitch, it's there for a reason.....

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Everyones at it, on a Stellplatz in Germany and the overflow is 8 large bays marked out in the large car park.
We arrived yesterday afternoon and parked up in one of the the bay, there was a pickup parked in one of them just came back from a walk and there is now a few panel vans and cars despite the massive car park being less than half full!!
Some people are just retards🙁🙁
Talking of retards, left the camp site yesterday morning and thought I would dump the tanks, nope retard from the Netherlands had parked his van blocking the queue of vans trying to empty and walked off down the site to the cassette emptying spot🤬🤬

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When I have seen vans etc in disabled spaces I phone the "How's my driving?" number. If it's a delivery van I don't as I know they will only be there for a very short time and are on a timed route but when it is a works van or similar I phone. Once someone in a reported van came to have words with me (very aggressive stance) - my daughter was getting my wheelchair out and when he saw it he went bright red, turned round and left. Perhaps lesson learned?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
I had a friend in his 80's that pointed out to a man that he needed to pick up after his dog ...he got punched to the ground and left unconscious.
The man was never caught.
Just saying if you dont have any official capacity to point out peoples wrong doings then it doesn't always pay to do so .

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
I had a friend in his 80's that pointed out to a man that he needed to pick up after his dog ...he got punched to the ground and left unconscious.
The man was never caught.
Just saying if you dont have any official capacity to point out peoples wrong doings then it doesn't always pay to do so .
Was it a Boxer dog?😂😂

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Everyones at it, on a Stellplatz in Germany and the overflow is 8 large bays marked out in the large car park.
We arrived yesterday afternoon and parked up in one of the the bay, there was a pickup parked in one of them just came back from a walk and there is now a few panel vans and cars despite the massive car park being less than half full!!
Some people are just retards🙁🙁
Talking of retards, left the camp site yesterday morning and thought I would dump the tanks, nope retard from the Netherlands had parked his van blocking the queue of vans trying to empty and walked off down the site to the cassette emptying spot🤬🤬
Where you at, I’ve run out of biscuits?😁😁

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Sometimes we see French disabled parking spots with a sign to say "If you take my parking place please take my disability" or words to that effect. Not sure how pc it is now but I thought it effective.

I'm not sure if it is lack of common sense, but it is certainly a lack of understanding other peoples' situations. Another example of the me, me, me culture?
Sue

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
Sometimes we see French disabled parking spots with a sign to say "If you take my parking place please take my disability" or words to that effect. Not sure how pc it is now but I thought it effective.

I'm not sure if it is lack of common sense, but it is certainly a lack of understanding other peoples' situations. Another example of the me, me, me culture?
Sue
I remember seeing that sign years ago, like you I can’t remember the exact words but the sentiment has remained in my mind ever since.

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
Sh1t happens... but rarely.
So move on
Accept that @Coastal Cruiser humour was generic, not directed at your personal experience
No need to try to make them feel bad.
:rolleyes:

I'm not asking for anyone to feel bad , he didnt know the guy.

I'll pass your sentiments on to his family.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Thickoes

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Way more necessary than to say "s**t happens" when someone has died .
People die every day 🤷‍♂️.
Still not necessary on a general forum.
Tragedy for those close
But realistically, not for anyone else.
Sorry for your loss

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
Sorry about that but obviously it wasn’t mentioned.
No worries, like i said you didnt know the guy and i know it was only meant in jest.

Now Stephen i suggest we leave it there as its becoming unpleasant for people to read and just trashing this thread .
Can i ask that a moderator deletes parts of this thread and cleans it up please ?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Can i ask that a moderator
You're fairly new here so perhaps don't know that, unlike most other forums, there are no moderators.
If you wish to report me or any posts, you have that choice and Jim, the site owner, will review and takes whatever action he deems necessary.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I’m not telling you I have just arrived where you have been told your going😂😂
And surprisingly I have the same big spot as last time under the tree and it’s not that busy!!
Well where’s that?? I change my mind every 5 minutes🤷‍♂️
Whooshbang one minute, Concorde the next, you should know that by now, now where are the tunnocks??😁😁

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Well where’s that?? I change my mind every 5 minutes🤷‍♂️
Whooshbang one minute, Concorde the next, you should know that by now, now where are the tunnocks??😁😁
You don’t change you mind Val does it for you😂😂😂 We are at P3 not P2 where you go……🤔🤔🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back