Ireland with dogs (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato swift
Hi possibly going to tour Ireland.north then south entry point larne.anyone done that with dogs can you get away without the expensive dog certificate junk you need to enter Europe "

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I went Cairnryan to Larne in 2022.
No passport for us or dog, no checks on the dog whatsoever, the only thing checked was for stowaways in the bathroom.
That may have changed though with border agreements ?
No checks crossing into RoI either.
You can get an EU PP while there if you haven't got one already.
I got ours at the animal hospital in letterkenny

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Hi possibly going to tour Ireland.north then south entry point larne.anyone done that with dogs can you get away without the expensive dog certificate junk you need to enter Europe "
If at all possible get your dog an Eire passport when there ,no more trouble with AHC and MUCH cheaper from then on👍🏻

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We went cairnryan to Belfast and no checks. You can't even book a dog on the ticket. Security came into the van to check for stowaway and weapons saw dog didn't say a thing.
We came back Rosslare to Fishguard and again no checks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We always take our dogs on the Cairnryan route. You add dogs onto the ticket. They don't charge for the dogs and they are not bothered at all by them. They have as they told me no facilities to check for dogs. Get an Irish pet passport whilst over there. I think the cost for the passport and a new rabies jab plus consultation was about ÂŁ70.

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
But you are still supposed to declare it on your booking - it's not very clear on the on-line forms though.
We didn't declare the dog on the crossing from Cairnryan, but noone said anything.
Didn't no we had to do this. Looked on website and faqs no mention of dogs in 2022 and crossed with no problems.

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
As others have said, we've gone via Stranraer and toured the north of the island. We also got the dog an Irish passport. Whist on the Antrim coast, I contacted Carn Vets in Donegal and arranged an appointment a few days later.
A straightforward process, she examined the dog and issued an Irish passport - €50 and a rabies update - €50. I asked if she did this often - 2or3 a day!
There are no checks at Stranraer or on the Irish borders.
I have travelled via the Tunnel to France several times since on the Irish passport and it has been fuss free. Highly recommended.

Terry

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We've just come back from nearly four weeks touring the coastline of Ireland north and south.
We crossed Cainryan/Larne with Stena,dogs can either travel in the 'pet lounge caged' for which there is a charge or remain in the van,no physical check.As has been said if you are planning on travelling to mainland Europe get a passport in Southern Ireland while you are there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
So does the EU Pet Passport work for Ireland too!

Just asked Google-

Ireland accepts pet passports from all EU countries, Northern Ireland and from the following European countries/territories: Andorra; Gibraltar; Greenland and the Faroe Islands; Iceland; Liechtenstein; Monaco; Norway; San Marino; Switzerland; Vatican City State.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back