IQ mobile data sim performance (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
Just returned after a couple of months + roaming around Europe and following an horrendous experience with RWG mobile last year , I gave IQ mobile a go this time after seeing some good reports posted on this group. Pleased to say it worked flawlessly in all countries visited, including some remote locations . Having purchased their basic data sim, you simply load data on it, as and when required (no rolling contract) the chosen package expires after 1 month, no data rollover sadly, but no "fair usage" cap trap either. The data package I went for is designed specifically for "EU " roaming .

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
>8 years in T5
Ours also performed flawlessly in EU and have now topped it up a few times, and used for UK use as well. So pleased, am porting one of our mobile phones over to them with good expectations - not the cheapest but networks where we live is mostly poor.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Ditto for us for the past 6 weeks in France. Prior to leaving we were using it in the moho router for our house WiFi pending fibre supplier getting their finger out - still using it at home as no progress!

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Just returned after a couple of months + roaming around Europe and following an horrendous experience with RWG mobile last year , I gave IQ mobile a go this time after seeing some good reports posted on this group. Pleased to say it worked flawlessly in all countries visited, including some remote locations . Having purchased their basic data sim, you simply load data on it, as and when required (no rolling contract) the chosen package expires after 1 month, no data rollover sadly, but no "fair usage" cap trap either. The data package I went for is designed specifically for "EU " roaming .
In a phone or a mifi/dongle?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2023
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Same with us, just used it in Germany and Switzerland, with no problems.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Customer service are excellent too!

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I found it worked OK in France & Spain. Only trouble was I had to have OH's iPad plugged into the MacBook USB port. It wouldn't find it as a hotspot. Probably me not being techie enough. Funnily enough, when I tested it before departure it was OK.

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
We used IQ through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria and Italy in our huawei router, no problems at all. Very kmpressed, even managed fed to watch thr footie with no lag or buffering.

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
2021 and counting
We are down in beziers since the 27th of June and all I can say is like a lot of people I was very sceptical about this chip, but all I can say is I have been smashing the 100g data on the football and it hasn’t missed a beat, and my WiFi is a AVTEX 985, been in contact with Frazier just to make sure all ok. customer support excellent 👍

Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
Concur with everything said. And I think a nice little extra is the fact that it's extremely simple to keep an eye on your usage to make sure you don't run out of data mid-way through a match or whilst working on something important. And Frazer offers brilliant support if your router (like ours) needs tweaking to ensure an initial connection.

May 10, 2024
Winchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo T734
Exp
Just starting out
As MichaelT says, it's a tab on their website. Hit the button, they email you with a code and that shows your usage. Found myself becoming addicted to seeing how much data a game used and working out which games to miss to ensure I didn't run out before leaving France.
Care to divulge how much data a match uses? Never really cared about such things in UK, but could prove important when we cross the pond.

Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
Care to divulge how much data a match uses? Never really cared about such things in UK, but could prove important when we cross the pond.
Around 5-6gb. My firestick has options for SD and HD, even FHD, but I didn't notice a significant difference in usage from one to another. I think there's an option to adjust the firestick to reduce picture quality but as I knew I wasn't going to miss any England games it wasn't really too important, as long as I was careful in which other games I watched. And you can always buy another 100gb from IQ if you do run out.

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Been using IQ Go for a while now, adding bolt-on data packages regularly to the annual sim.

Never had a problem. Worked brilliantly in Italy, Switzerland and France on last tour, and now in Norway it has been flawless - and in all the countries we had to pass through to get here.

Very reasonable prices; cannot recommend them strongly enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back