IQ Go have introduced a fair useage policy limiting eu data (38 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Just been on the website and that is the case. They have also suspended new IQ Go sales pending a review of sales. Shame as it has worked really well for us.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.
That’s new, and annoying (to say the least). I would ask for my money back. I’m just coming to the end of my 1st month. I purchased 30GB but the person on the WhatsApp call ‘accidentally’ gave me 100GB. Their limitation was 3months abroad in 12 but full use of purchased data. I am using it in a ZTE U10S router. Works like a dream (as long as there’s a phone signal) but I have bought and installed an SFR SIM. I think I’ll also complain about the 12 months’ fee taken under false promises.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
Started using ours on the 12th in Wales, we are now in France), hopefully the new policy does not get back dated. Hopefully the 100GB will be enough for our trip, up to this point I was very pleased with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
379inca
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
On the plus side we are both running Lebara sims 15gb and a 30gb. Pleased to report they have been working well with no data capping (as yet) we have taken both to the max whilst on our travels through Europe. IQ was supposed to tide us over if we ran of data with Lebara.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
On the plus side we are both running Lebara sims 15gb and a 30gb. Pleased to report they have been working well with no data capping (as yet) we have taken both to the max whilst on our travels through Europe. IQ was supposed to tide us over if we ran of data with Lebara.
Lebara’s fair use policy kicks in when you pass 60 days roaming - they call it “more roaming than UK use in any 120-day period“ and start charging heavily. ”More use” seems to be fudged between days and actual data use - never got a clear answer to that…

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I don't know why so many seem averse to Tesco, all your data in the EU including if you have an unlimited contract and two months in four fair usage, but myself and others have done three months with no repercussions?

Upvote 0
Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
I don't know why so many seem averse to Tesco, all your data in the EU including if you have an unlimited contract and two months in four fair usage, but myself and others have done three months with no repercussions?
Price?
Tied in to a 12/24mth contract?
Fair use policy (must use more in UK than EU)?

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
We’re currently touring Spain and Portugal. We have the Tesco 100GB for £30 and it has renewed while we’ve been away. We’re just on a month by month contract so can cancel at any time. So far, it’s worked perfectly.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I thought Lebara were limited to 12GB in EU.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.

Price and fixed term contracts. I'm paying 99p per month (15gb) at the moment with Lebara and can leave at any time.

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
This is such a pain! I shall have to revert to buying a local data sim for the HUAWEI and get rid of THREE for my IPhone and buy a Tesco Sim.

If you have Satellite then it’s best to use it as far south as you can before starting to stream! I’m on my second 100Gb data pack from IQ!

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Looks like this comes into effect on 01/10
IMG_1669.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
379inca
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
I thought Lebara were limited to 12GB in EU.
From Lebara website.

Do I get EU roaming with my SIM-only plan?​

Yes, roaming in the EU is absolutely free on the Lebara network (up to 30GB).

Basically you get what you pay for in the uk upto 30 gb.
My 30gb plan is currently £8.95 per month.
Unfortunately we are in a bad reception area for Tesco (O2)

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Price?
Tied in to a 12/24mth contract?
Fair use policy (must use more in UK than EU)?
Just my experience……

£30 for 100gb…….renews every 30 days, cancel anytime, logged in when in uk then travelled to eu. 60 days with no restriction on data (subject to 100gb), good signal wherever we went, cancelled when we got back.

Those circumstances suit us but if you were away for longer you may start to have issues but for up to 60 days it works. Probably get 90 days before fair use would kick in relative to useage in uk.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
379inca
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Update from iq at least they are trying. This will at least cover this trip. With 42%cash back (top cash back)

May have to look into Tesco for future trips.

“Hi Andrew

Yes, I am sorry it's changing. We were given notice by our network provider that this is likely to take effect on 1st October.

Please purchase the bundle now and we'll honour the 100gb this month.

Kind regards,

Peter Gradwell”

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Just got a rather reasonable and apologetic reply from iQ. Offers include a partial refund (fair) or ‘wait and see what we can come up with’ (considering it)
This is an extract : -
“We would like to make it clear that this isn't a decision that IQ Mobile has made, and that it has come downhill from our network operator. We are working with them to try and come up with alternate solutions so we can continue to service the 'travel' community.
What to expect?
In the short term, we are allowing all bundles purchased and activated before October 1st to run as normal and the full allowance to be available. Anything purchased for activation on or after the 1st October 2024 will have the fair use while roaming applied.
What are your options?
Whilst we have had to move the goalposts against our will we want to give you a set of options and we hope at least one of them is palatable for you.”

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
In my case, because I can only receive EE and Three signal at home.

Very disappointed in IQ Mobile Go changing. I've just come back from a cruise, and it worked well in Malta, Greek islands, Croatia and Italy.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
We are 5 days into a 43 day trip and was hoping to use 100gb with them over 20 days & then renew with another 100 for the next 20 odd days.
Looks like ill have to hammer the sim for the next 8 days and then renew on the 30th to get another 100gb to before the restriction comes in on the 1st October.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
Peter Gradwell
I remember Peter Gradwell from about 20 years ago! He set up Gradwell Communications in Bath. I used some of his services (I think VOIP was one of them). I always found him to be very straightforward and responsive. He’s been in the industry a long time. The fact he wrote to you rather than delegating it, shows he’s still customer oriented.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back