Inverter remote switch question… (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Morning

Can anyone provide some guidance please!

Got a new inverter and want to be able to switch it on/off from two points, garage so I can charge e-bikes and inside Motorhome for obvious reasons.

I’ve therefore gone for a generic remote switch with two remotes to match the above requirement.

I’ve soldered two wires to the back of the existing inverter switch but now I’m just a little confused as to how to activate this.

With latching mode on these remote relay switches, I’m assuming that the switch is no load, just a switch, so my separate 12v power to the switch will keep the relay open and hold the latch indefinitely, is that correct?

Or, do I need power from the separate 12v supply to the COM terminal? I think this is only needed when one has load being supplied from the remote switch, is my thinking correct?

So in summary I’m currently (subject to advice and confirmation) planning on wiring as per the right hand (door lock) below… what do we think?

IMG_4129.jpeg

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Morning

Got a new inverter and want to be able to switch it on/off from two points, garage so I can charge e-bikes and inside Motorhome for obvious reasons.

I’ve therefore gone for a generic remote switch with two remotes to match the above requirement.

I’ve soldered two wires to the back of the existing inverter switch but now I’m just a little confused as to how to activate this.

With latching mode on these remote relay switches, I’m assuming that the switch is no load, just a switch, so my separate 12v power to the switch will keep the relay open and hold the latch indefinitely, is that correct?

Or, do I need power from the separate 12v supply to the COM terminal? I think this is only needed when one has load being supplied from the remote switch, is my thinking correct?

So in summary I’m currently (subject to advice and confirmation) planning on wiring as per the right hand (door lock) below… what do we think?

View attachment 928533
Yes that should work try it on the bench if in doubt also it depends if you want it normally open or closed to which one you connect to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Morning

View attachment 928533
Yes Harvey, as per the "door lock".

I use the very same remote controlled relays to open and close my grey waste valve and to switch on and off the WiFi camera for positioning over the grey dump grids.

OP
OP
Carpmart
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Yes Harvey, as per the "door lock".

I use the very same remote controlled relays to open and close my grey waste valve and to switch on and off the WiFi camera for positioning over the grey dump grids.

Thanks for the confirmation Paul. I use them for a few things, switching the mains charger on (only used it twice LOL) and for powering on and off the Starlink 12v setup and now the inverter. Great little things! 👍🏻

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Yes, the three relay terminals are 'volt-free'. There's a Normally Open (NO), Normally Closed (NC) and Common (COM). The 'Door lock' option, as Two on Tour says.

The other options are for if you want to use the 12V supply, or any other voltage supply, to switch power to a load, and I think you don't want to do that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back