Insured with LV (1 Viewer)

Jul 22, 2023
Diss, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Super Brig 695
Exp
We are Newbies
Does anyone insure with LV ? We have a multi car policy with them. Today I called them to see if we could add the new motorhome that arrives at the end of the week. They can cover it on the same multi car policy, however compared to other companies i have got quotes from, they do not seem very interested in the detail of the MH. It is a Fiat Ducato 2.3 multi jet 2019 automatic diesel. The fact that is is a Rimor Super Brig was not of interest. They were also quite a bit cheaper. They didn’t ask about immobilisers, alarms or trackers and they didn’t ask how much we are paying or the value ? It does include 180 days in Europe , breakdown and repatriation etc. I’ll be interested to know if anyone else insures with them. As far as the regular car policy is concerned, they have been great, I’m not complaining, just a bit concerned that the cover won’t be right in case of a claim.

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
There's a whole thread about LV MoHo insurance here:

OP
OP
Road Sailors
Jul 22, 2023
Diss, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Super Brig 695
Exp
We are Newbies
There's a whole thread about LV MoHo insurance here:

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 31, 2018
Redruth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Peg 590
Exp
since 2009
Cannot praise Lv enough. I have been with them for my car for about thirty years because I worked for The Post office, Royal mail all my life and I got a good discount for being in the then, civil service when it used to be Frizzels. I have britania rescue with them and have used it a few times over the years. Very reasonable price and excellent service.
My motorhome was always covered by Comfort for about £350 but this year when I purchased a new one they wanted £800. swapped to LV at a cost of £290 and got a £39 discount for multi vehicle policy. I am covered for everything including home breakdown and travel abroad.
For travel insurance I have just taken an annual policy with staysure for about £190 which covers me and my wife. Bear in mind I am 72 and my wife is 71.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Road Sailors
Jul 22, 2023
Diss, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Super Brig 695
Exp
We are Newbies
Cannot praise Lv enough. I have been with them for my car for about thirty years because I worked for The Post office, Royal mail all my life and I gota good discount for being in the then, civil service when it used to be Frizzels. I have britania rescue with them and have used it a few times over the years. Very reasonable price and excellent service.
My motorhome was always covered by Comfort for about £350 but this year when I purchased a new one the wanted £800. swapped to LV at a cost of £290 and got a £39 discount for multi vehicle policy. I am covered for everything including home breakdown and travel abroad.
For travel insurance I have just taken an anual policy with staysure for about £190 which covers me and my wife. Bear in mind I am 72 and my wife is 71.
Thank you so much, that’s reassuring. We had a European breakdown insurance with LV Britania for our car a few years back. AND we broke down on the first day in France AT the weekend. Britannia were brilliant, they paid for a hotel and got us a hire car, unfortunately the car couldn’t be taken out of France so we couldn’t continue on to Greece or return to the UK but we did go back to Calais and got our son to bring us another car. We set off again just 48hours behind schedule. Our broken car did take months to get back to the UK.

RWA

Aug 26, 2023
Funster No
MH
Pegaso
Hi. I am a new Motorhome owner. Based on recommendations here, I have been trying to call LV. The number continually says that their sales office is closed. Does anyone have a magic number that gets past this?! Thanks

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Yesterday (Sunday) I used their online chat to tell them I had forgotten to say my PVC has a modification in that it has a tow bar when I renewed a few months ago. My chat was answered within a minute and I was assured it wasn't a problem, they would amend my policy and send out new documents within four days, and they gave me a refund of £1.30. Very efficient.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I enquired via the lv chat box regarding a green card for morocco for 3 months. Advised it was £73 including the policy change fee of £15 ,which I thought was reasonable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I just renewed with LV today for 3 vehicles including the motorhome for £567 and the chap was very pleasant to speak to. Albeit I don’t do PNCB and keep the excesses higher than most

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We have been with LVfor three years with 3 cars and the MH. They have been first class to deal with.

RWA

Aug 26, 2023
Funster No
MH
Pegaso
Hi. I am a new Motorhome owner. Based on recommendations here, I have been trying to call LV. The number continually says that their sales office is closed. Does anyone have a magic number that gets past this?! Thanks
I called the LV policy renewal line which answered after 10 minutes. The new policy sales line is closed because they are not taking on new customers!

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
0800 085 5663

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back