Insurance (33 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 30, 2019
Worksop, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Has anyone had any reasonable quotes for insurance mine has gone up to £730.00 from £597 I’ve been with the same company for 11 years

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Join the club.
There are a few threads going and Jim has a link to Ripe insurance discount

Or try this link should get you 20% discount if you go ahead may/will ask for my name get back to me if needed
I went with them earlier in the year ,due to same as your experiences.
Good luck

OP
OP
M
Sep 30, 2019
Worksop, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Just tried Ripe because I work in a garage they won’t entertain insurance for my motorhome even though its garaged with alarm linked to police and monitoring by Chubb security full tracker system monitoring by Sargent electrical full no claims
Anybody else have any suggestion as to where to try next

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Adrian Flux will insure most things. But mine has gone up £60 this year.

Interestingly I have literally just got off the phone with them, and reducing the value of my van would make insurance go up, dropping mileage made no change, and increasing excess also made no change. At least that shows they are offering me the best they can. Otherwise they would soon drop.

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Loyalty doesn't count with insurance companies.
They seem to always give new customers a better rate than existing loyal customers , without whom they wouldn't have a business.
Similar happened to me with my company so I moved on .
Use a broker and just insist on a Grade 'A 'company or whatever the term is to ensure that you will be with a company that will actually pay up if and when required , and not squirm out of it using some small print .

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I use a couple of different comparison websites every year and the results always vary tremendously.

As long as you make sure you have the cover you need ie adequate windscreen cover, you can save hundreds of pounds. A company that is the most expensive one year can be the cheapest the next year 🤷‍♀️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Just tried Ripe because I work in a garage they won’t entertain insurance for my motorhome even though its garaged with alarm linked to police and monitoring by Chubb security full tracker system monitoring by Sargent electrical full no claims
Try NFU Ipswich branch, ask for Pip.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Just gone with caravan guard again. The premium had risen because they had added breakdown cover. Reduced the value of the van and removed the breakdown cover and cheaper than last year and cheaper than Ripe.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My mate is a nightclub manager and had stupid high quotes because of that.
He repurposed his job as entertainment manager.....
no false lie and no problem afterwards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back