Insurance Renewal (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 18, 2023
Coventry, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer swing
Hi
Just doing Motorhome Insurance Renewal quotes ane Ripe Insurance have come up with cheapest followed by Adrian Flux.
Anyone any dealings with Ripe Good or Bad ?
Thanks

Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
Do a search on this forum as 3 days ago there was a 20% discount available from one of the members but it was only £20 cheaper for me so I stayed with LV

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
LV which is now Allianz definitely no longer insuring MOHO's , only camper vans, or commercial vans , asked about my Adria renewal today and they said they no longer insure since Allianz takeover.

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
i would not go near Adrian Flux ,, they ripped off my daughter took money for a years insurance on her car and then cancelled it for no reason 3 months later saying they had made an error and wanted more money , we told them a contract is a contract but they cancelled the insurance , she had the Ombudsaman look into it who got her the entire money back eventually ,,Ombudsmans ruling was that Adrian Flux broke contract law , the policy was valid even if Adrian Flux had miscalculated premium ....

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Just done 2 quotes with ripe with fun discount dearer than Sergei's site !
With Staveley Head last yr circa £240 this year
£600...same van no claims etc Ripe 330.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
My renewal quote with Adrian Flux went up 40%!

I called them, reduced the valuation somewhat to reflect my view of the current value, accepted a higher excess, and was offered a better deal with a different underwriter. It's now cheaper than last year :)

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Ha! I read the T&Cs. They exclude cover for “panoramic windscreens”, in spite of being assured by the broker that big windscreens were covered.

Had to get a requote from a different underwriter (AXA). Now £26 more expensive. And larger excess when I read the second set of T&C. Really worth checking the fine print.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
LV which is now Allianz definitely no longer insuring MOHO's , only camper vans, or commercial vans , asked about my Adria renewal today and they said they no longer insure since Allianz takeover.
I am not sure that is the case. I have linked my reply to another thread on here. I had a detailed conversation with the lady on the other end of the phone.

Post in thread 'LV Insurance no longer insuring Fiat motorhomes?' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-insuring-fiat-motorhomes.305761/post-6229508

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
I am not sure that is the case. I have linked my reply to another thread on here. I had a detailed conversation with the lady on the other end of the phone.

Post in thread 'LV Insurance no longer insuring Fiat motorhomes?' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-insuring-fiat-motorhomes.305761/post-6229508
THEY HAVE TOLD ME 3 TIMES THEY NO LONGER RENEW OR QUOTE FOR MOTORHOMES ???
AND OTHER MEMBERS HAVE HAD SAME ANSWER,

but seem some other are having a different experience ????

Oct 25, 2021
Stisted, Essex
Funster No
MH
Cipro 85
Exp
Since 2005
Used Ripe last two years, more than happy with the service and the quote, many £s less than nearest quote I received, Happy Day's.

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Ha! I read the T&Cs. They exclude cover for “panoramic windscreens”, in spite of being assured by the broker that big windscreens were covered.

Had to get a requote from a different underwriter (AXA). Now £26 more expensive. And larger excess when I read the second set of T&C. Really worth checking the fine print.
are you referring to Ripe?

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
No.

Apologies for the abruptness. I had to check who the underwriter was - Ageas.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tkk

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Just taken out insurance with Ripe Insurance after being quoted over £1k by all the main insurance companies.
Paid £262.34 and I've not just gone for the cheapest quote, I've checked the small print and am happy with the cover.
Plus I got a 20% discount off, if you want to get the 20% offer just use the link below

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
just had an email from lv as my ins is running out soon

Thanks for being one of 4.5 million people in the UK to choose LV=.

We want to try to help you understand what’s happening in the insurance market and what we're doing at LV= to support our customers.
Why is the cost of insurance rising?
It’s no secret that insurers are dealing with an increase in claims and growing costs. So, let’s look at why it’s happening and what we’re doing about it.

In recent years we’ve seen the number of car insurance claims rise by 30% and the amount we spend on those claims by over 75%.

Challenges faced by the car insurance industry:
  • Cost of vehicle repairs – up 32% since 2022. Reflecting rising costs, energy inflation and more expensive repairs (source: ABI).
  • Payouts for vehicle theft - up 35% since 2022 (source: ABI).
  • Labour costs for repairs – up 50% since 2019, due to inflation, shortage of skilled workers and the energy crisis (source: Auto Body Professionals).
  • Severe weather – Storms are getting worse and more frequent and it’s impacting motorists. Recent storms, Babet and Ciarán, saw many cars damaged by flash floods and falling trees/debris in the high winds.
Here at LV= we’re doing everything we can to tackle these changes:​
Maintaining quality while driving down repair costs – We’ve increased the number of our body shops and garages, exclusively for LV= customers. With pre-agreed prices for repairs and quicker decision making, we ensure the highest standards while controlling costs.​
Expanding our team to get you back on the road – Continuing to invest in apprenticeships to grow our engineering team, so we can be there when you need us most.​
Tackling repair delays so you get what you need – We’re working with our suppliers to tackle the issue affecting everyone caused by a global shortage of high-tech car parts and other important materials.​
Claims Support​
Based on feedback, we understand that for customers who haven’t claimed, price increases can come as a real surprise. We’re dealing with more and more claims, and while no one ever expects to have to make a claim, we’re always here in case you do.

Supporting you is what we do best and it’s something we’re incredibly proud of. Along with over 4.5 million customers like you, you’re in safe hands… and you don’t just have to take our word for it.

“A quick stress free repair. It was all as easy as it could possibly have been. From start to finish everyone was excellent.”
LV customer, May 2024

“Extremely impressed with the way you dealt with my claim, it was done speedily & you kept me informed every step of the way.”
LV customer, May 2024​
Visit our price explained website​
For the most in-depth look at what's happening with insurance prices, we've put together some more useful information on LV.com/car-renewals

We'll send your renewal invite, including your price, in the next few days.​

Please note that replies to this email address will not be received. If you have any questions about your policy, our people are always happy to help. You can reach us using this contact us link.
LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965.​
Registered address: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Tel: 0330 123 9970.​
0039162-2024​
This is a service email. As a customer we'll always let you know of any information relating to your policy, but to unsubscribe from email marketing

i think they are telling me its going to be expensive​

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
My Home Insurance went up by 50% with Nationwide, no explanation and I hadn't ever claimed. Just renewed with M&S, still expensive but £100 less but 90 days unoccupied allowed.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
just had an email from lv as my ins is running out soon

Thanks for being one of 4.5 million people in the UK to choose LV=.

We want to try to help you understand what’s happening in the insurance market and what we're doing at LV= to support our customers.
Why is the cost of insurance rising?
It’s no secret that insurers are dealing with an increase in claims and growing costs. So, let’s look at why it’s happening and what we’re doing about it.

In recent years we’ve seen the number of car insurance claims rise by 30% and the amount we spend on those claims by over 75%.

Challenges faced by the car insurance industry:
  • Cost of vehicle repairs – up 32% since 2022. Reflecting rising costs, energy inflation and more expensive repairs (source: ABI).
  • Payouts for vehicle theft - up 35% since 2022 (source: ABI).
  • Labour costs for repairs – up 50% since 2019, due to inflation, shortage of skilled workers and the energy crisis (source: Auto Body Professionals).
  • Severe weather – Storms are getting worse and more frequent and it’s impacting motorists. Recent storms, Babet and Ciarán, saw many cars damaged by flash floods and falling trees/debris in the high winds.

Here at LV= we’re doing everything we can to tackle these changes:​

Maintaining quality while driving down repair costs – We’ve increased the number of our body shops and garages, exclusively for LV= customers. With pre-agreed prices for repairs and quicker decision making, we ensure the highest standards while controlling costs.​
Expanding our team to get you back on the road – Continuing to invest in apprenticeships to grow our engineering team, so we can be there when you need us most.​
Tackling repair delays so you get what you need – We’re working with our suppliers to tackle the issue affecting everyone caused by a global shortage of high-tech car parts and other important materials.​
Claims Support​
Based on feedback, we understand that for customers who haven’t claimed, price increases can come as a real surprise. We’re dealing with more and more claims, and while no one ever expects to have to make a claim, we’re always here in case you do.

Supporting you is what we do best and it’s something we’re incredibly proud of. Along with over 4.5 million customers like you, you’re in safe hands… and you don’t just have to take our word for it.

“A quick stress free repair. It was all as easy as it could possibly have been. From start to finish everyone was excellent.”
LV customer, May 2024

“Extremely impressed with the way you dealt with my claim, it was done speedily & you kept me informed every step of the way.”
LV customer, May 2024​
Visit our price explained website​
For the most in-depth look at what's happening with insurance prices, we've put together some more useful information on LV.com/car-renewals

We'll send your renewal invite, including your price, in the next few days.​

Please note that replies to this email address will not be received. If you have any questions about your policy, our people are always happy to help. You can reach us using this contact us link.
LV= and Liverpool Victoria are registered trademarks of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965.​
Registered address: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Tel: 0330 123 9970.​
0039162-2024​
This is a service email. As a customer we'll always let you know of any information relating to your policy, but to unsubscribe from email marketing

i think they are telling me its going to be expensive​

Just softening you up for what’s to come.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Our van has been stored up due to ill health for just over a year now, its been taxed & insured as we were hoping to get out in it as soon as circumstances improved. The MOT had run out during this time, so I phoned Ripe as their on-line system would not let me get a quote.
They were keen to quote until they saw the van was not MOT'd, they said they were unable to quote on a non MOT'd vehicle.
I asked them what cover they would provide to allow me to drive it to a pre-booked MOT garage, they said they couldn't help me, and that I would need to seek out temp cover from another provider to take the van for its MOT. I asked them if they knew any companies that offered this temp insurance, their answer was No, cant help were afraid.
I then called back comfort Insurance Renewal team as their cover had run out a couple of days before.
Not only did they re-insure the van, they told me that since the renewal quote my premium had Reduced!
It reduced from £500 to £461, with EU/UK Breakdown cover and £300 excess, so I had to renew with Comfort, catch 22 situation, but at least its insured now & on risk.
LES

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
After all the waffle above it came in at £334 only £30 dearer than last year and cheaper than ripe that never even bothered to phone me back

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back