Insurance renewal quote (1 Viewer)

Jun 28, 2021
Wakefield, UK
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
Hi all
Just had my renewal quote from Adrian Flux, increased by £150 since last year, no change to my details seems excessive, I know things have gone up but not that much, I used to be with caravan guard but they got expensive, any other companies I should be trying? Went on a comparison site and guess what, they came back with Adrian Flux as the best any ideas welcome.

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Try nfu, cover seems good , but bear in mind if your large and heavy you won’t get breakdown cover , as they only do 3500 ton I believe ?
Also No tracker required with them

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It's a subject that's been trending on here for a while with many threads.
Here's just one recent thread with over 100 comments of renewals and alternative insurers.........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Just renewed mine yesterday. I have a Saga policy, renewal almost doubled in price. Went to https://www.themotorhomeinsurer.co.uk/ and got some quotes and, as Yorkshireimp found, Adrian Flux came up as the best price, but with a horrendous excess. Rang Saga and strangely enough they managed to reduce my renewal quote by over a half which included legal, personal accident cover, key cover AND breakdown/relay making it actually cheaper then the Flux quote.
Adrian Flux are usually good with their pricing but from past experience (have had cars, bikes, kit cars & motorhomes insured with them) not brilliant when it came to making a claim.
I have found in the past that a lot of companies can find some surprising discounts to the policy being offered if you call them and tell them that you have found an alternative at a better price.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You’re having a larf Paul, mines gone up to over a grand with comfort🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️💰💰💰💰

Comfort know they are the best and charge accordingly, I could downgrade to a compactline I suppose🤷‍♂️🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣
That won't help Comfort don't like Carthagos they want over a grand for a Compactline. :giggle:

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Comfort for me. Adrian Flux Limited windscreen cover to £2000 from memory.

A class increased by almost 15% this year to £745ish

House insurance increased significantly by about 40%. Shopped around and all seem to be in the same price area for like for like cover

RAM

Funster
Jan 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta 65TL
Comfort know their stuff 👍
You never know how good insurance is until you make a claim, but I agree, Comfort are reasonably priced ( all relative of course!) I've been with them for the last year and this years Renewal quote is up £70 from £410 to £480 including UK and European breakdown cover. I thought I'd try my old insurers Caravan Guard to see if they could better the price! WARNING owners of Ford Transits 2006 - 2014, they will not insure you if you are a new customer! I've got the Growler alarm and a tracker, still unacceptable! P.s with said vehicle, you need a tracker for Comfort to take a gamble with you! 😬.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi all
Just had my renewal quote from Adrian Flux, increased by £150 since last year, no change to my details seems excessive, I know things have gone up but not that much, I used to be with caravan guard but they got expensive, any other companies I should be trying? Went on a comparison site and guess what, they came back with Adrian Flux as the best any ideas welcome.
May be worth giving LV a try I renewed wire them again tho year and my premium went up by just over £30 so I was quite happy bearing in mind the horror stories some have faced when renewing.

OP
OP
Yorkshireimp
Jun 28, 2021
Wakefield, UK
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
Quick update rang Adrian Flux said I wasn’t happy re increase came back with same company, and everything the same as last year, then gave me a quote £80 less than my original renewal, says it all about insurance companies,
Thanks to all your replies 👍

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Try nfu, cover seems good , but bear in mind if your large and heavy you won’t get breakdown cover , as they only do 3500 ton I believe ?
Also No tracker required with them
NFU breakdown is only for cars. No breakdown for motorhomes at all. We have a PVC and went with them last year as they covered Turkey and lots don’t. Ended up using Green flag plus crossed fingers for breakdown cover! Back with Comfort now as only going to Bulgaria and Romania etc.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just had my renewal quote through for my PVC - £417 with Comfort, it's +£66 from last year which is +18% [it was an increase of £60 from the year before]
I think I can just about live with that, because I can't face jumping through all the comparison hoops [although I might do a new business search JIC], and it's not awful in comparison to some other increases I've read about.

Edited:
Just done a quick Meerkat comparison search - Comfort Renewal is very competitive :).

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Just had Caravan Guard renewal quote…. £573, up from £520 last year (68 year old, no convictions or health issues). Maybe not too bad considering the general uplift in prices 8this year?

Sep 11, 2021
Irvine, North Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Pegaso740
Exp
3rd year
When you buy insurance you want it cheap. When you need to claim you want good insurance. Always difficult to walk that tightrope between those two different values.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I’ve just done the merry go round to renew my insurance due in 2 weeks time. The ‘compare’ companies came up with ridiculous quotes so I did a few individual requests for quotes. One company wouldn’t consider as my camper is now my only vehicle, even though my annual mileage is under 7K.
LV came up with what appeared to be the best quote but I’ve actually gone with the NFU. All the ‘extras’ with LV are part of the standard policy with NFU. I’m still paying a hefty amount, I guess the price for getting old and using the camper as my everyday vehicle.☹️

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all
I'm sure others will say this but have you actually spoken to them about the increase and asked that they explain the reasoning behind it?

Apr 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
RAM
"..... I thought I'd try my old insurers Caravan Guard to see if they could better the price! WARNING owners of Ford Transits 2006 - 2014, they will not insure you if you are a new customer! ...."

Not correct. I have just insured my 2007 Hobby Van which is Ford Transit with them in the last month! If you seek a quote online you will get nowhere. You need to ring them and they will insist on a steering wheel lock (I bought a Milenco) as a pre-condition.

Hope that helps someone.

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back