Insurance renewal problem (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Most of you have seen me write about this before

My insurance renewal is due 3 August . Last year with LV via AIB £385 .
during the year had one hit and run when parked claim that police could not trace ,, so it goes against me .

But the 2nd accident when hit by a van on M27 is still in dispute between LV, the other drivers insurance and Ombudsman as despite the police and highways stating that other driver is totally at fault , the other parties insurer is disputing it and LV are agreeing with them thats why Ombudsman involved .

So now my renewal comes round AIB and LV wont quote as claim not settled and when contacting other insurers and brokers they wont quote until LV settles the claim one did offer insurance for £3470 which is ridiculous . Talking to LV and Ombudsman this could take months ??? its already 10 months since accidents and 5 months with Ombudsman . The van is repaired and in perfect order now .

If the van cannot be insured or months or the price is ridiculous , what am I supposed to do ? I was planning to use it in August to October for a trip ...

recently insured my M/c collection that was OK and car renewal is also due and thats less than last year by £15 Its only the MOHO that is a problem .

Any suggestions please ..

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Surprised that the other insurance is ok to renew with the outstanding policy issues on the Moho, did neither company question this when renewing?
Why not approach these two companies to see what they can offer if anything

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Like the previous poster I'm really surprised it hasn't affected the other insurance. I think all you can do is shop around and maybe take out monthly payments in the hope that if the second incident is settled in your favour that you can take out different insurance. It would need to be a policy that could be ended part way through without paying the rest.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
OK a bit of progress ,, Spoke today with my handler at Ombudsman ,,, they are very concerned about LV handling of my 2nd incident ,, they also are querying the repair costs to other vehicle which amount to £3288 for a bent in peugeot van front bumper and a wing mirror ,, They and I consider this excessive as the bumper was not replaced.and was actually repaired in situ They reckon total claim for other vehicle should not be more than £700

They are also concerned that I have been made the at fault party despite being hit from behind and other driver wandering into my lane . The police and highways cctv clearly shows this. But 3rd party dashcam of very poor quality only show after the initial collision of my van going out of control from the hit on offside rear quarter and that is being used by 3rd party insurer against me saying I deliberately rammed the other van..

LV are going with this interpretation of the data but Hampshire police have informed Ombudsman that had i rammed the other vehicle I would have been prosecuted , but the highways CCTV show clearly that it was other vehicles fault and the 3rd party dashcam misses the intial collision.

LV and 3rd party insurer have stiched me up

The repair costs to my van in total were £12068.

This is on going, as Ombudsman as far as I can see is not happy with what the 2 insurance companies have done , and the 3rd party insurer is Allianz which of course now owns LV so a conflict of interest methinks . I dont know when this will be resolved .

I then spoke with LV I still have NCD of 5 years so not so bad however they sated that they no longer insure motorhomes so no renewal quote

Armed with all this information I have managed to get a quote from CAMC for £812.91 which is not bad considering what has happened ,

I still have time to look for other quotes but im feeling relieved that at least the van is insurable ,,, and that Ombudsman is being proactive on other matters I think i better renew my CAMC membership this year too ha ha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Insurance companies seem to operate in a world of their own. Simple logic goes out of the window. They work on the basis of who they themselves can claim from, leaving actual costs to spiral into lala land. And members of the public are paying with their hard earned cash.

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Most of you have seen me write about this before

My insurance renewal is due 3 August . Last year with LV via AIB £385 .
during the year had one hit and run when parked claim that police could not trace ,, so it goes against me .

But the 2nd accident when hit by a van on M27 is still in dispute between LV, the other drivers insurance and Ombudsman as despite the police and highways stating that other driver is totally at fault , the other parties insurer is disputing it and LV are agreeing with them thats why Ombudsman involved .

So now my renewal comes round AIB and LV wont quote as claim not settled and when contacting other insurers and brokers they wont quote until LV settles the claim one did offer insurance for £3470 which is ridiculous . Talking to LV and Ombudsman this could take months ??? its already 10 months since accidents and 5 months with Ombudsman . The van is repaired and in perfect order now .

If the van cannot be insured or months or the price is ridiculous , what am I supposed to do ? I was planning to use it in August to October for a trip ...

recently insured my M/c collection that was OK and car renewal is also due and thats less than last year by £15 Its only the MOHO that is a problem .

Any suggestions please ..

I feel your pain, back in December 2019 we had a break in the took vehicles and the keys for the MoHo, we installed additional security camera alarm etc AIB went from £350 to over £3k I feel that as we were the innocent party the insurance companies try and reclaim the loss through the victim. First year post theft I managed to get the insurance down to £1200 via Adrian Flux, last year it was £800 the ombudsman should look at this because the victims are paying over the odds when often they are the agreed party just as you are describing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back