lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just had our renewal through from NFU in Dumfries, price has went up from £339 to £403, I’m happy with that but will shop around just Incase. As we are taking early retirement in a couple of months our requirements will change so gave them a call to clarify some points, no limit on EU travel and cover for other countries including Morocco, I just need to call for a green card when travelling.

Our house insurance is also up and it looks like we’ll be changing that as our current company has a limit of 30 days empty, even paying for extension is a max 60 days. We’ve had quotes from M&S and Admiral with 90 days included so looks like we’ll go for M&S at £206 which includes 3 bikes to the value of £8k.

It’s hard work planning for retirement 😂😂😂

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Try NFU for house insurance. Then you get a decent discount on your van insurance as you ha be e more than one policy with them. 🌟👍

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Try NFU for house insurance. Then you get a decent discount on your van insurance as you ha be e more than one policy with them. 🌟👍

My home insurance is up at the end of the month so while on the phone this morning I asked for a quote, I did a like for like with the other quotes and NFU came in at £756 😯

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
no limit on EU travel and cover for other countries including Morocco, I just need to call for a green card when travelling.
NFU will only cover Morocco, Croatia and a few other contries 3td party only.
M&S and Admiral with 90 days included so looks like we’ll go for M&S at £206 which includes 3 bikes to the value of £8k.
With M&S bikes are only covered in the home as standard it will be another £40 or more to cover them when away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do you all know if you have house insurance with them you can also get travel insurance at a very good price but you have to ask.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

With M&S bikes are only covered in the home as standard it will be another £40 or more to cover them when away.

Yes I’m aware it’s 3rd party only, as for the bikes that’s with them added as extra already. I always insure them away from the home as more chance of being stolen away than at home.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Definitely try NFU for the house. The more you do with them the easier it gets

Do you all know if you have house insurance with them you can also get travel insurance at a very good price but you have to ask.

See my post above regarding house insurance from them, they quoted over £700

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I have the van insured with NFU, but they don't seem to be able to give me a competitive quote for either of the cars, or the house insurance, I can't understand it .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have the van insured with NFU, but they don't seem to be able to give me a competitive quote for either of the cars, or the house insurance, I can't understand it .
The competiveness comes in when you need to claim, untill then they are all the same.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

I had a quote for my car too last year and it was silly money compared to others.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Did you go into an office and talk to them? Online and phone is useless.

It’s my local branch in Dumfries, I can guarantee there is no difference going in as you speak to the same person as you would on the phone and I’m sure they don’t use a different system. Possibly at other branches it might be different but my experience with ours it isn’t.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Just had our renewal through from NFU in Dumfries, price has went up from £339 to £403, I’m happy with that but will shop around just Incase. As we are taking early retirement in a couple of months our requirements will change so gave them a call to clarify some points, no limit on EU travel and cover for other countries including Morocco, I just need to call for a green card when travelling.

Our house insurance is also up and it looks like we’ll be changing that as our current company has a limit of 30 days empty, even paying for extension is a max 60 days. We’ve had quotes from M&S and Admiral with 90 days included so looks like we’ll go for M&S at £206 which includes 3 bikes to the value of £8k.

It’s hard work planning for retirement 😂😂😂

Hi Lenny,
Are you sure NFU will provide cover for Morocco, the reason I ask is that I suggested to a friend recently that NFU, and LV would provide insurance cover for Morocco
But when he actually phoned them for a quote they both flatly refused to cover for Morocco, and neither of them would provide a green card. So we have drawn a blank. I have been insured with Comfort for a few years now, but they stopped insuring for Morocco quite a few years ago, so it looks like I am going to have to start looking around for a company that are prepared to insure for Morocco as we intend to start going back to Morocco after a few years break, but are struggling to find anyone providing cover, do you or any funsters out there have any suggestions please, many thanks.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My mistake with NFU but LV were giving fully comp but recent posts suggest LV have discontinued Motorhome insurance.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Lenny,
Are you sure NFU will provide cover for Morocco, the reason I ask is that I suggested to a friend recently that NFU, and LV would provide insurance cover for Morocco
But when he actually phoned them for a quote they both flatly refused to cover for Morocco, and neither of them would provide a green card. So we have drawn a blank. I have been insured with Comfort for a few years now, but they stopped insuring for Morocco quite a few years ago, so it looks like I am going to have to start looking around for a company that are prepared to insure for Morocco as we intend to start going back to Morocco after a few years break, but are struggling to find anyone providing cover, do you or any funsters out there have any suggestions please, many thanks.

When renewing my insurance with NFU I asked the question regarding Morocco, she had to go and check but came back to confirm they will issue a green card. I’m aware it’s 3rd party only.

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
My mistake with NFU but LV were giving fully comp but recent posts suggest LV have discontinued Motorhome insurance.
Just renewed again with LV for van and car. Green card will be issued for Morocco at addtional cost. They are quoting just over £78 for Morocco. This is an extension of my existing insurance with them i.e fully comprehensive.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
In the spring NFU were twice the price CMC before the renewal price less £25.
So renewed with LV at half the price of the CMC.
Failed to get a credible quote from NFU

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back