Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
I always spend hours researching insurance, and always will, when I put our motorhome in storage 2 years ago for a year ,I informed Safeguard that the place had gold security, they said we don't recognise any grades of security.

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I’ve done a comparison search and got some very very good quotes (£420 cheaper than my renewal) but need to compare.
I don’t think it’s my age as I’m still a spring chicken and not retired yet 🤣

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I wonder if any one of importance in the insurances companys read these insurance threads on MH sites and what they may think of them.:unsure:

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Still awaiting a response from Comfort Insurance to my email.
I have advised them that I will not be renewing, just to avoid them automatically charging my credit card, but would have thought they’d have responded to my other comments raised.

I’ve managed to get the same level of cover and including European Breakdown and legal protection for £468 cheaper than what Comfort was quoting to renew.
This is also a £70 saving on the premium that Comfort charged me last year.
That’s turned out to be good news for me but disgustingly poor for Comfort.
I did contact AIB who advertise on here but still awaiting their call back. This was after I had completed their online enquiry form and received a text asking me to call them, to which I did and was told the guy would call me back after his break. Maybe the guy who was on his break just left the company and has gone to work elsewhere but AIB think he’s still on his break from 30hrs ago? It seems anything goes with insurance companies.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all and happy motorhoming in 2023!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Our policy, (with Comfort), went up by £120 this year. When I queried it I was told that it was because my wife had reached her 75th birthday. I said “in that case I’ll ring around for other quotes”. They then decided that the increase would only be £18 !

I stayed with them but, as I will also be 75yrs by the time of the next renewal, I will check that renewal very carefully.
Resurrecting this thread and wondered how you went on with insurance once you reached 75? I'm getting close to that milestone now.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Resurrecting this thread and wondered how you went on with insurance once you reached 75? I'm getting close to that milestone now.
I have not yet had to renew the motorhome insurance. When I do I will just have to grit my teeth I think, (after ringing around all the usual suspects, of course)!😎

Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
I have not yet had to renew the motorhome insurance. When I do I will just have to grit my teeth I think, (after ringing around all the usual suspects, of course)!😎
As "Roger 20" indicates at 70+ some insurers will not take on new customers
and can become the cause for worry, and high premiums for a new client
the advice from an insurance broker friend, was to latch on to a reputable
insurer pre 70, and stay with them, as they will offer to carry on insuring their
current customers to 80+. :clap2:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
As "Roger 20" indicates at 70+ some insurers will not take on new customers
and can become the cause for worry, and high premiums for a new client
the advice from an insurance broker friend, was to latch on to a reputable
insurer pre 70, and stay with them, as they will offer to carry on insuring their
current customers to 80+. :clap2:
Hi, if thats your bike in the avatar could you advise what it is and more pics please.

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Dorest E
Exp
Jul 22
Best to check around but be quick if your insurance is due soon as premiums do go up as you get closer to your due date.
Yup, and how annoying is that when you're purchasing a new vehicle....it's not like you plan a month in advance (unless it's a brand spanker) Crackers isn't it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Dorest E
Exp
Jul 22
With a heavy heart, having had little response from alternative sources, I rang CCC. This was last year.
Shock horror, they gave me a very competitive quote which I took in both hands.

Fast forward 12 months and I awaited the renewal quote with trepidation.

Bigger shock. It came at £305 including foreign travel and unlimited windscreen cover.
Our van is a 2011 Burstner A class.

I take on board re age. Although I'm 2 renewals short of being 75yrs. old, I can assume that insurance via a club like CCC would be less likely to be hiked like a direct Insurance Co.
When we had our van, we found CAMC to be extremely competitive too. Renewed insurance in June and was cheaper than previous years premium with a different provider

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back