Insurance named driver (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Dollfield

Free Member
Aug 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Is it possible to have a named driver on the mh insurance who has a spanish licence . It's my relative and would like to have her named on the policy . Looked at a months cover separate and it's expensive

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi and welcome,

it may well depend on who your insurers / underwriters are, but they usually ask how long the person has held a valid UK license.

i would call the insurance company and ask them directly, its probably your only way of actually getting facts and figures.

good luck (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Some companies will ,some won't .I'm on my mates in devon & have been for the last 12 years. Whereas Daughter in laws company refused to add me for her car last year

Jun 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Dreamer Fun Camper 5
Is it possible to have a named driver on the mh insurance who has a spanish licence . It's my relative and would like to have her named on the policy . Looked at a months cover separate and it's expensive
We used to do this on our son's car & our moho with him as the keeper/policyholder. 3 years ago the insurer asked to confirm all named drivers were UK resident... We only found Keith Michaels (broker) and Sterling Insurance willing to insure non-residents. This year after van was stolen, KM declined cover on the replacement vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 1, 2023
Chester, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 195
Exp
Tents, Folding camper,Hired MoHo, now bought our own.
Have a look at companies like Cuvee who do temp insurance. I borrowed a large works van to be parked outside my house full of furniture when doing work on house cheaper than a storage unit, about £50 for a week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back