Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
So, here we are in France, and I’ve damaged my left knee. Manual gearbox - so staying outside for a few days whilst my wife does the exploring. I’m sitting about, reading and watching.
I’ve seen a Dutch (?) Adria PVC Motorhome arrive and be levelled on a slightly sloping pitch by using inflatable airbags under two of the wheels. The airbags seem to be plugged in to the side of the van.
What does anyone know about these airbag systems ? Are they any good? Would they work with a 3.5 tonne van? Do they have to be plugged into something (compressor?) onboard, or would my Ring tyre pump do?

Lots of questions….
(And does anyone want to hear about my French A&E experience?)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I saw a newly arrived caravan with an inflatable leveller being pumped up. 10 mins later they moved to the pitch next to ours. Lots of going backwards and forwards trying to get the wheel on the leveller. They were still trying when we went out.

On our return, I was amused to see this. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20220617_114306715.jpg

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I saw a newly arrived caravan with an inflatable leveller being pumped up. 10 mins later they moved to the pitch next to ours. Lots of going backwards and forwards trying to get the wheel on the leveller. They were still trying when we went out.

On our return, I was amused to see this. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 630896
Is that a rock 🪨

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Yes! :ROFLMAO:
The inflatable bag was yellow and blue. They had used a hydraulic bottle Jack to lift the caravan.
Pics are not good on the phone thought it was a well-used airbag but them thought it's a rock then thought specsavers then thought went to opticians 2 weeks ago .now thinking wheresvthe gin

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
Take one for the forum be the Guinee pig, let us know what they are like :cool:

Has anyone tried these yet? I'm seriously considering giving them a go, so I may end up being a guinea pig.

What tempted me was our last stay where we needed different heights at the front. My wedge block skills were found to be somewhat lacking, as my clutch will attest to ....

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Has anyone tried these yet? I'm seriously considering giving them a go, so I may end up being a guinea pig.

What tempted me was our last stay where we needed different heights at the front. My wedge block skills were found to be somewhat lacking, as my clutch will attest to ....
I think reg and tina use similar bags to level their fifth wheeler.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Yes I use this system, 2 bags x Flat Jacks, pump them up with a rechargeable tyre pump, the max you need is12psi.

Fold as flat as a door mat, saved me hours of up and down ramps and clutch wear.

Expensive .. but less than leveller systems and hardly any extra weight.

They lift my 4.25 ton Bessacar to 6" , same height as
Millenco tallest.

Somtimes in extreme bad level ground, I have put the bag on top of Ramps ,driven onto and pumped up to get extra height.

See back wheel in picture

1680100723391.png

Upvote 0

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
I use the two bags with Level Pro system, so I stand looking at the mobile phone level pro read out in one hand ..pump in the othert and pump up the bags as needed.

When I draw onto site I have the Level Pro turned on and it shows vans level as I am moving .. so I can park at the best level for easier setting up.

When not on hook up my fridge is dodgy unless I'm level. Others may have a lot more tolerant fridge, mine is 17yrs old .. as the flame burns vertically and if unlevel
the flame heats only to one side instead of heating centrally all the tube. The Dometic fridge definitely works for me to be level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back