LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well my 200w Solar is.... positioned our van yesterday which would allow me to set the panel up for the first Rays ☀️ of the morning...well they have arrived...and I'm harvesting....bringing my single Lithium back up to 100% .
Before we ride this morning, I shall lower the panel back down and continue to catch the rays as the sun climbs higher in the sky..
When we return from our ride our flexible panel will sit on our south facing windscreen and feed through its own MPPT to the same battery...then the charging of our two 750 eBike batteries will commence, we estimate 1 hour per segment will be achievable...well it was yesterday..and during this time we eat, drink and enjoy the rest of our Saturday, and tomorrow, God willing...we will do it all again...
Happy weekend everyone..🥳🥳👍☀️🇪🇦

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I was about to offer some tips on tiling a floor ....

Wasn't Don Quixote - the bloke who tilted at windmills, from your neck of the woods? Perhaps tilting is just a Spanish thing ?
:LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Both tilting and freestanding combining their efforts with good results...it's 0920hrs here in the Spanish countryside...

IMG_20240316_091854.jpg

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Saw a Carthago in the Algarve recently with three panels - on power tilts!
Two on the roof, one on each side hinged at the edge of the roof, so one would always have the correct inclination.
So far, so normal ... the third panel hung vertically on the rear panel, top hinged. Never seen that before.
It was a bus or truck chassis so even when at 45º you couldn't walk into it.

Two of my three efforts
DSC_4735.jpg

uPVC window hinges. Silly orientation; the van after this I had them tilting in opposite directions. Accessed by opening rooflight and standing on the bed.

IMG_1446.jpg

Using brackets made by an enterprising narrow-boater; tilts both ways.

Definitely worth doing if you can easily tilt the panels. Would need to carry a ladder in the current van, so stuck on flexibles now.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks Nigel some interesting ideas...I use a ladder...being an exFirefighter I'm comfortable with this...it's all down to position of van and knowing a little, not much, about orientation...The sun 'E'nters in the East and 'W'ithdraws from the West...there are Spanish equivalent but I don't want to bore you or other readers with this...other than those folk who winter in Benidorm who knows all about this..
The window stay is something I've never considered.... supporting my panel at 30°to 45° all I need now is something that secures the panel in its flattened position without the need to a ladder...and can be released from the ground with my awning winder.... I'm working on it....Cheers.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Thanks Nigel some interesting ideas...I use a ladder...being an exFirefighter I'm comfortable with this...it's all down to position of van and knowing a little, not much, about orientation...The sun 'E'nters in the East and 'W'ithdraws from the West...there are Spanish equivalent but I don't want to bore you or other readers with this...other than those folk who winter in Benidorm who knows all about this..
The window stay is something I've never considered.... supporting my panel at 30°to 45° all I need now is something that secures the panel in its flattened position without the need to a ladder...and can be released from the ground with my awning winder.... I'm working on it....Cheers.
You really need to get a panel fixed to an old sat dish mechanism! I read about someone trying it years ago but can't remember what the outcome was....

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You really need to get a panel fixed to an old sat dish mechanism! I read about someone trying it years ago but can't remember what the outcome was....
You are a mind reader.....you must be....I was going to post a few days ago about this....we have a redundant Oyster system..all our media is streamed nowadays....dish never gets used....I'm going to research this...I can see all possibilities, only concern is standing proud whilst travelling ...👍🤔🇪🇦☀️

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
You are a mind reader.....you must be....I was going to post a few days ago about this....we have a redundant Oyster system..all our media is streamed nowadays....dish never gets used....I'm going to research this...I can see all possibilities, only concern is standing proud whilst travelling ...👍🤔🇪🇦☀️
From limited previous experience (someone else's boat) you'll need to use a flexible panel. The gearboxes on those things are not up to waving a glass-topped panel around ... control is another issue, you don't want it pointing at Astra 28.2º ....

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
From limited previous experience (someone else's boat) you'll need to use a flexible panel. The gearboxes on those things are not up to waving a glass-topped panel around ... control is another issue, you don't want it pointing at Astra 28.2º ....
Very true Nigel.... therefore I can tilt and raise my current fixed panel and.....
Reposition the van...that's what a French guy did at Casas Nuevas a few months back..simple, what..👍🤔🇪🇦☀️

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I thought it was Pin Ball when I first saw it. Then rethought it as tiling a shower type thing before opening it. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back