I'm in!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 79E
Just buying a 2012 Chausson Welcome 79EB Titanium after 7 years of a VW T5 - getting ready for a bit more confort in retirement!
The motorhome is left hand drive and I can only find GB manuals. What I'm looking to find out concerns the oven/ grill. It states it's a GB only option for a gas operated one, but not sure about the European version. Not collected from dealer yet, so cannot check visually. Anyone got any ideas: got none myself at the minute!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
s
Exp
Since 2007
Hi welcome 🤗. I sympathise I always find it really annoying this having to wait for a new toy to arrive 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome 👍 Just a quick word of advice, make sure everything works before you hand over your money. I went with my mate to check a van over with him and made a list of 11 things that were faulty- gave list to him and dealer who assured him all would be done before hand over - They did all the easy fix items but simply swapped the cracked rooflight in the main salon for one in the bathroom ie, did not put a new one on. When I saw the van afterwards and checked it over there were 3 more bits that should have been done that they didn’t yet they assured him all had been done😳🤔 Did not want to know about anything once he had got home. Cost him a new rooflight and leisure battery. Check it over !😉
Edit forgot to say it cost me an hour and half of my time

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi and welcome 👍 Just a quick word of advice, make sure everything works before you hand over your money. I went with my mate to check a van over with him and made a list of 11 things that were faulty- gave list to him and dealer who assured him all would be done before hand over - They did all the easy fix items but simply swapped the cracked rooflight in the main salon for one in the bathroom ie, did not put a new one on. When I saw the van afterwards and checked it over there were 3 more bits that should have been done that they didn’t yet they assured him all had been done😳🤔 Did not want to know about anything once he had got home. Cost him a new rooflight and leisure battery. Check it over !😉
Edit forgot to say it cost me an hour and half of my time
Great advice. Billions, maybe say whereabouts the MH dealer is and you might find someone on here willing to help give it the once over for you.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Tom And Jerry Hello GIF by Max

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Welcome :welcome3:

Enjoy your motorhome!

OP
OP
B
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 79E
Just get the model number and download a brochure?
Hi Jev. The vehicle was imported to the UK 7 years after first registration - first reg in UK was 2019. I have written to DVLA to see if I can get the original plate number, but, no matter where I look, I seem only to get the GB manual. It does have an oven, so maybe it was a UK , albeit left hand drive model? I duuno, just trying to dig a little deeper. The MH seems really good. Wil definitely follow-up when I go to pay the balance - will also check all the bits not up and running on first visit. It's at Motorhome Depot Wentbridge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back