Ian Rankin latest Rebus novel is 99p for the kindle today (1 Viewer)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
For Rebus fans , the latest (23rd) of the Ian Rankin Rebus books is on special offer today on the kindle 99p.

D6DEC3A3-3F89-4337-A15C-F3A5E80CAE6A.png

Deleted User
Thanks for that, haven't read any of his novels for a while. I liked the Denzil Meyrick series but have read them all and struggling to find anything of similar enjoyment.

OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for that, haven't read any of his novels for a while. I liked the Denzil Meyrick series but have read them all and struggling to find anything of similar enjoyment.
Haven’t read those , will add them to my list !

Yes it’s nice to have a series of books to get into , I have a few authors with books in the series missing as I wait until they are 99p :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Thanks for the heads up, we haven't read any Rankin for a good while.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Help. I cannot remember and have only just been given Kindle.

DDo I switch the kindle on and leave it on until it downloads or does it do it whilst it sleeps?

EEdit. Think I've done it. But on the front it says NEW ITEMS. then a picture of the book. Good.

BBut then a picture of Try 30 days of Prime free. .. as though I've asked for that and I havn't. Is this ok?.

I'm terrified of money going out of my bank that I havn"t authorised thru technology.

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

DDo I switch the kindle on and leave it on until it downloads or does it do it whilst it sleeps?
🤔 It can happen automatically. Did you see the "send to device" type option at the point of purchase?
The title will be in your Kindle library but may just be an icon until selected. Then it will download if it's not there in full.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Do you need to have read previous in the Rebus series? I've heard a few Rebus stories on radio 4 but not read the books and that is a good deal!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
No. But like all books in a series, during the first couple of chapters there may be reference made to something from previous crimes. It won't spoil the book in any way.

Helen Ariel

edzt

Free Member
Sep 2, 2019
NW
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp

EEdit. Think I've done it. But on the front it says NEW ITEMS. then a picture of the book. Good.

BBut then a picture of Try 30 days of Prime free. .. as though I've asked for that and I havn't. Is this ok?.

I'm terrified of money going out of my bank that I havn"t authorised thru technology.
Yes they always push you to join prime, not a problem
You can join, get a month of free delivery, prime tv etc, than cancel before they take any money off you.....as long as you remember
Same with any offer of kindle unlimited usually 90 days, read all you can then cancel

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Jenben
Just bought, Thanks.

We took advantage of an offer Amazon had on over the holidays ( may still have ??) where you could get Kindle Unlimited for three months for £0.99p.
Calender marked to cancel if not worthwhile.

Spent a couple of hours searching through the Crime, Thriller & Mystery section downloading books that I thought might be interesting and discovered the catch!
You are only allowed a max of 10 titles before you have to 'return' one before you can download another in its place.
Not a great problem but I was unaware initially.

One that I downloaded was from a new to me author, LJ Ross, who turns out to be a lady. I try to read books in sequence so started on her first book in the DCI Ryan series, "Holy Island."

About half way through it and finding it refreshingly different from a lot of male authors.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Is it easy to cancel once the date getting close or do I email them. Sorry. I'm a bit dense with technology. Xx
Yes they always push you to join prime, not a problem
You can join, get a month of free delivery, prime tv etc, than cancel before they take any money off you.....as long as you remember
Same with any offer of kindle unlimited usually 90 days, read all you can then cancel

Deleted User
Haven’t read those , will add them to my list !

Yes it’s nice to have a series of books to get into , I have a few authors with books in the series missing as I wait until they are 99p :giggle:
Can you suggest any more crime authors that have a series of books

Deleted User
OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Well here are a few , I haven’t read all of these !

others will no doubt add more

Shetland series - Anne Cleeves
Vera series - as above
Bosch series - Michael Connelly
Roy Grace series - Peter Banks
Inspector Banks - Peter Robinson
Harry Hole - Jo Nesbo
Bernie Gunther - Philip Kerr
Simon Seraillier - susan hill
Adam Dalgleish - PD James
Jack Caffery - Mo Hayder
Inspector Zen - Michael Dibdin
Cormoran Strike - Robert Galbraith
Dark Iceland - Ragnar Jonasson
Dublin Murder squad - Tania French
Inspector Morse - Colin Dexter
Rivers of London (different supernatural !) Ben Aaronovitch

I track a number of authors for book deals using Ereaderiq it’s a free website where you can set up an alert for favourite authors or books and even set it up so if a book reaches a price it will send you an email. Otherwise you can just browse the best deals each day.

edzt

Free Member
Sep 2, 2019
NW
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
Is it easy to cancel once the date getting close or do I email them. Sorry. I'm a bit dense with technology. Xx
Yes, go into your Amazon Web page, subscriptions and orders and cancel them

edzt

Free Member
Sep 2, 2019
NW
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
Yes, go into your Amazon Web page, subscriptions and orders and cancel them
Sorry 'memberships and subscriptions'

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014

This is a good site for researching authors and their series.....

Another resource I use is within the Amazon site.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Selle...text/362247031/ref=zg_bs_nav_kinc_2_341689031

It gives you the top 100 bestsellers in both 'free'and 'paid for' in different genres. If you want to change the genre, click on 'Books', below and select your genre from the list....

20210106_194416.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-194310_Chrome.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back