Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Don’t know where your seeing that info….🤔

View attachment 921022
Dont seach for size, select a centre at top right then when that centres page opens scroll to bottom or use the link that appears at top for sale items. What centre is your nearest?
Thats truro, see the yellow bit hit that. You might need to keep changing the depot but just keep looking at what they have, strangley up here each depot has a diff price for stuff

Screenshot_20240709_131903_Chrome.jpg

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
They are good tyres I’ve had them before but for me they gave a hard harsh ride, I would definitely buy the Michelin cross climates but too expensive…

Now I’m in a pvc I want a softer ride…
When you have tried the Maxxiss let us know the outcome re smooth ride . Van tyres are my next big purchase. Ive got Continentals campers and the ride is harsh to say the least.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
When you have tried the Maxxiss let us know the outcome re smooth ride . Van tyres are my next big purchase. Ive got Continentals campers and the ride is harsh to say the least.
I have the continentals, and this is most of the reason I’m changing, they are coming up to 5yrs old but they have several thousands of miles left on them. I’ll let you know how they are as the van is my daily driver now…

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Popped into ATS today to order 4 Maxxis tyres for the van that they sell on their website, the presumably manager started spouting off that I should get Michelin Agilis tyres and who told me that the maxxis were suitable. Besides me telling him that the ATS website did and many other reviews and recommendations said they are suitable….

Despite the fact that I like a good discussion what really pissed me off was the fact that he was talking to me in a derogatory manner like I was brain dead because I was in a wheelchair, he was talking loudly, slowly and mouthing his words when he suddenly said “ I’m a professional expert “ at that point I just had to tell him to piss off and get out of there before I dragged him over the counter and lumped him…

The last person that spoke to me like that 30yrs ago ended up on the floor with a broken nose…🤬:boxing::boxing:
Did you get the tyres ... 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Dont seach for size, select a centre at top right then when that centres page opens scroll to bottom or use the link that appears at top for sale items. What centre is your nearest?
Thats truro, see the yellow bit hit that. You might need to keep changing the depot but just keep looking at what they have, strangley up here each depot has a diff price for stuff

View attachment 921037

I see what you mean now, but it seems to be odd tyres and there are sometimes several of the same tyres but the price really varies for each one so I suspect that the tyres are of all ages, possibly some 3-5 years old

Some are cheep but it would be pure luck to find 4 of the same tyres but again I suspect they will be over a couple of years old..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
I see what you mean now, but it seems to be odd tyres and there are sometimes several of the same tyres but the price really varies for each one so I suspect that the tyres are of all ages, possibly some 3-5 years old

Some are cheep but it would be pure luck to find 4 of the same tyres but again I suspect they will be over a couple of years old..
Be worth a visit, obvs not the depot you went to though.
Ok if you looking for 2 tyres

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet

It's not so much luck...it's 30/60 minutes of searching several centres stock list....and then having a spot of luck finding your size.... (y)
I posted this last week. (Although you now appear to sorted)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Had the tyres fitted this morning and drove some usual routes and they seem much smoother and quieter but then of course they would being new rubber, will be going up to the Drax rallly in august so that’ll give them a good run and I’ll report back…👍🏼

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Had the tyres fitted this morning and drove some usual routes and they seem much smoother and quieter but then of course they would being new rubber, will be going up to the Drax rallly in august so that’ll give them a good run and I’ll report back…👍🏼
Just smiffy how’s the road holding feel?
Is there much lean in the corners

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just smiffy how’s the road holding feel?
Is there much lean in the corners

I have 55psi front 60 rear they sit well with not much bulging on the bottom, I did as it happens give it a bit of welly on a couple of corners and all seemed good… I’ve no doubt all new tyres will give a better feel then 5-6yr old tyres that were on there so I would imagine around 6 months to a year you would get a fairer comparison…

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
I have 55psi front 60 rear they sit well with not much bulging on the bottom, I did as it happens give it a bit of welly on a couple of corners and all seemed good… I’ve no doubt all new tyres will give a better feel then 5-6yr old tyres that were on there so I would imagine around 6 months to a year you would get a fairer comparison…
What weights are you running axles at, ours is probably sitting at 1700 and 2200kg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back