Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Popped into ATS today to order 4 Maxxis tyres for the van that they sell on their website, the presumably manager started spouting off that I should get Michelin Agilis tyres and who told me that the maxxis were suitable. Besides me telling him that the ATS website did and many other reviews and recommendations said they are suitable….

Despite the fact that I like a good discussion what really pissed me off was the fact that he was talking to me in a derogatory manner like I was brain dead because I was in a wheelchair, he was talking loudly, slowly and mouthing his words when he suddenly said “ I’m a professional expert “ at that point I just had to tell him to piss off and get out of there before I dragged him over the counter and lumped him…

The last person that spoke to me like that 30yrs ago ended up on the floor with a broken nose…🤬:boxing::boxing:

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Popped into ATS today to order 4 Maxxis tyres for the van that they sell on their website, the presumably manager started spouting off that I should get Michelin Agilis tyres and who told me that the maxxis were suitable. Besides me telling him that the ATS website did and many other reviews and recommendations said they are suitable….

Despite the fact that I like a good discussion what really pissed me off was the fact that he was talking to me in a derogatory manner like I was brain dead because I was in a wheelchair, he was talking loudly, slowly and mouthing his words when he suddenly said “ I’m a professional expert “ at that point I just had to tell him to piss off and get out of there before I dragged him over the counter and lumped him…

The last person that spoke to me like that 30yrs ago ended up on the floor with a broken nose…🤬:boxing::boxing:
You voted by removing your business.. good on you.👍

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’d be tempted to tell your story to ATS head office. You can’t be the only disgruntled customer.

I went to “tyrefinders” instead and discovered that 6 workers from that depot left within a month of him starting there…🤷🏼‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Don't forget to claim your cash back from Michelin. Sign up for the newsletter.

1720465646123.png

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I’d be tempted to tell your story to ATS head office. You can’t be the only disgruntled customer.

I would definitely be onto customer services.

He shouldn’t be talking down to anyone.

What a total nob head 😡

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Some years ago I had a similar experience at a local KwikFit depot.

I was so incensed that, when I received their e-Mail satisfaction survey, I let fly.

Imagine my surprise to receive a follow up phone call from their Head Office. Over a period of about 10 minutes we had a “full and frank discussion” of what had transpired. They promised to ring me back.

Within an hour they rang back with a full apology and the offer of a £60 voucher as compensation. When I asked why they thought I would want to return a branch with a manager like that, they informed me that that manager “was no longer there”.

Result!👍

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
I believe Michelin owns ATS…maybe that’s why they plug their tyres.

Shameful down-talking, by the sounds of it. Well done for keeping your head and leaving.

For what it’s worth, though, we’ve had Mich Agilis Cross Climates on the MH for a few years and they’ve been utterly brilliant. Delightful ride and wonderful grip, especially on soft ground.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
That's only one step removed from 'Does he take sugar'? Personally I would report to the HO asking that they perhaps need have better staff training on how to speak to people generally and to the disabled in particular. I am only on crutches and occasionally have to resort to the buggy, but still some 'customer facing 'people will try talking to Hilary as I've apparently just disappeared in a phhhf of smoke! It really irritates.

The other thing I find amusing and love is when a child looks at you and asks why you need those sticks or whatever and the parent shushes them. How is any child every going to learn learn how to deal with less able people if they don't ask questions? They are not being unkind, just inquisitive. I am happy to explain as I find are most people with visible issues.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I don't think I would ever consider a violent response though, but we all have different fuse lengths.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
They are good tyres I’ve had them before but for me they gave a hard harsh ride, I would definitely buy the Michelin cross climates but too expensive…

Now I’m in a pvc I want a softer ride…
HAve you browsed the sale pages on ATS for your size tyres, my 225 75 16, 121 load are £104 from a near depot

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That's only one step removed from 'Does he take sugar'? Personally I would report to the HO asking that they perhaps need have better staff training on how to speak to people generally and to the disabled in particular. I am only on crutches and occasionally have to resort to the buggy, but still some 'customer facing 'people will try talking to Hilary as I've apparently just disappeared in a phhhf of smoke! It really irritates.

The other thing I find amusing and love is when a child looks at you and asks why you need those sticks or whatever and the parent shushes them. How is any child every going to learn learn how to deal with less able people if they don't ask questions? They are not being unkind, just inquisitive. I am happy to explain as I find are most people with visible issues.

Kids are the best they just say what they want, no filter. I explain to them the importance of holding mummy or daddy’s hand when they cross the road and to be careful of cars… then I tell the parents that’s the censored version…😆😎

46yrs in a chair and I’ve seen it and heard it all with “does he take sugar “ brigade but some days just get to me and these days I have a mouth full of wisdom and cutting repertoire that does far better then violence then when I was younger….🙂

Oct 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson 728eb

I know exactly what you mean! I've had to "advise" people in shops that I'm in a wheelchair because my legs don't work very well, not because I have trouble comprehending!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back